Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Greping certain lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Greping certain lines Post 99702 by vino on Tuesday 21st of February 2006 02:17:40 AM
Old 02-21-2006
Code:
cat file_A | sed -n -e '/Affected files/,$p'

That is a UUOC

Code:
sed -n -e '/Affected files/,$p' file_A

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with greping a field

Hi, Suppose I have a file as below and I just want the field Invoice Number from this file , How can I do it. /home/arbor>cat PH0034090202314800030IM-001 0Yp825XMilperra NSW 1891 189110H14V1Sp2871Yp300X Customer Service : 0000-368-81118H6.5V0Sp3130Yp50X ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GREPing for Nulls

I just had a filesystem / file corruption issue on my HSP's server due to disk capacity limits and fileswapping. I discovered that certain files got corrupted when fileswapping was not successful and they ended up with a string of control characters, or what I believe to be nulls, in them. Does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dr. DOT
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in greping

i have a ksh script : #!/bin/ksh TZ=`date +%Z`+24 ;a=`date +%Y-%m-%d` b=`date +"%H:%M:%S"` cd /ednadtu3/u01/pipe/logs for i in Archiver1.log do cat $i | grep $a | grep $b >> /ednadtu3/u01/pipe/naveed/Insert_Date.txt done... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping the required parameter...

Hi Friends, Urgently required to know this : I have a file which has several stanzas like below : CuDv: name = "hdisk3" status = 1 chgstatus = 2 ddins = "scdisk" location = "03-08-01-11,0" parent = "scsi1" connwhere =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping ip address

I have this line BTSRTRGRP-448-1-1 10.162.141.118/255.255.255.254 - I need to print only the IPADDRESS and not the subnet mask. If i use cut -c30-43 I get the ipaddress, where as in some cases if the last octet is of single digit (10.162.141.8/255.255.255.254) it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltonrods
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping in between two different lines.

I know you could use the grep "something" -A200 flag to get all the lines past your pattern. Is there a way to get all the lines in between two patterns? The -a flag will not work since all lines in between the two patterns don't have a constant number. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwillis0720
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in greping

Hi, i have to find a string in a file and positin of the string in the file would come in some particular interval. let's say file is 1-1000 lines and string is in from 200-300line. could any one suggest me how to get make the grep search for the string in that particular portion of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarakant
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping $2 into a list

Hi When I run this command: lsuser -a auditclasses ALL I got: user1 auditclasses=general,objects,cron,files,rbac,audit,lvm,aixpert user2 auditclasses=general,objects,cron,files,rbac,audit,lvm,aixpert user3 auditclasses=general,objects,cron,files,rbac,audit,lvm,aixpert user4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Having trouble greping a variable

I'm trying to take a users input, and then such a text file to see if it contains it. I get an error when running it: "./Login.sh: Line 8: echo Username read username if ; then echo Login successful. else echo Failed to login. fi If someone could give me some input to where I'm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hegarz
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and greping between lines

i want to grab lines from a file that are between two patterns (including the lines that contain the pattern). here's what im currently doing: data.txt aaa bbb cccc ddd eee ffff ddd code: awk '/bbb/,/fff/ && $0 !~ /ddd/' cdsnmp.sh I want to grab lines between and including bbb... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
MAXDB_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)							 1						    MAXDB_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)

maxdb_affected_rows - Gets the number of affected rows in a previous MaxDB operation

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
int maxdb_affected_rows (resource $link) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style int$maxdb->affected_rows () maxdb_affected_rows(3) returns the number of rows affected by the last INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE query associated with the provided $link parameter. If this number cannot be determined, this function will return -1. Note For SELECT statements maxdb_affected_rows(3) works like maxdb_num_rows(3). The maxdb_affected_rows(3) function only works with queries which modify a table. In order to return the number of rows from a SELECT query, use the maxdb_num_rows(3) function instead. RETURN VALUES
An integer greater than zero indicates the number of rows affected or retrieved. Zero indicates that no records where updated for an UPDATE statement, no rows matched the WHERE clause in the query or that no query has yet been executed. -1 indicates that the number of rows affected can not be determined. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); /* check connection */ if (maxdb_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } maxdb_report (MAXDB_REPORT_OFF); $maxdb->query("DROP TABLE mycustomer"); maxdb_report (MAXDB_REPORT_ERROR); /* Insert rows */ $maxdb->query("CREATE TABLE mycustomer AS SELECT * from hotel.customer"); printf("Affected rows (INSERT): %d ", $maxdb->affected_rows); $maxdb->query("ALTER TABLE mycustomer ADD Status int default 0"); /* update rows */ $maxdb->query("UPDATE mycustomer SET Status=1 WHERE cno > 50"); printf("Affected rows (UPDATE): %d ", $maxdb->affected_rows); /* delete rows */ $maxdb->query("DELETE FROM mycustomer WHERE cno < 50"); printf("Affected rows (DELETE): %d ", $maxdb->affected_rows); /* select all rows */ $result = $maxdb->query("SELECT title FROM mycustomer"); printf("Affected rows (SELECT): %d ", $maxdb->affected_rows); $result->close(); /* Delete table Language */ $maxdb->query("DROP TABLE mycustomer"); /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); if (!$link) { printf("Can't connect to localhost. Error: %s ", maxdb_connect_error()); exit(); } maxdb_report (MAXDB_REPORT_OFF); maxdb_query($link,"DROP TABLE mycustomer"); maxdb_report (MAXDB_REPORT_ERROR); /* Insert rows */ maxdb_query($link, "CREATE TABLE mycustomer AS SELECT * from hotel.customer"); printf("Affected rows (INSERT): %d ", maxdb_affected_rows($link)); maxdb_query($link, "ALTER TABLE mycustomer ADD Status int default 0"); /* update rows */ maxdb_query($link, "UPDATE mycustomer SET Status=1 WHERE cno > 50"); printf("Affected rows (UPDATE): %d ", maxdb_affected_rows($link)); /* delete rows */ maxdb_query($link, "DELETE FROM mycustomer WHERE cno < 50"); printf("Affected rows (DELETE): %d ", maxdb_affected_rows($link)); /* select all rows */ $result = maxdb_query($link, "SELECT title FROM mycustomer"); printf("Affected rows (SELECT): %d ", maxdb_affected_rows($link)); maxdb_free_result($result); /* Delete table Language */ maxdb_query($link, "DROP TABLE mycustomer"); /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Affected rows (INSERT): 15 Affected rows (UPDATE): 15 Affected rows (DELETE): 0 Affected rows (SELECT): 15 SEE ALSO
maxdb_num_rows(3), maxdb_info(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_AFFECTED_ROWS(3)