Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using mailx to send email to multiple users. Post 99677 by Ygor on Monday 20th of February 2006 08:31:12 PM
Old 02-20-2006
The problem is how you define the $Maillist variable. Try running with set -x if using ksh.

Perhaps you could post your real code here. Your "properties" file is either called xyz.ini
or propertyfile.ini and either begins with "List=" or "MAILLIST=".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Solaris

how to send mails to users on exchange server from sendmail/solaris(mailx)

Hi, Can anyone pls. tell me how to access Active directory from solaris. I am looking at solution by which I can send mail notification from the logs generated by scripts, to the users on Exchange server. I am trying for a Perl-LDAP module , but don't realy know how to go for it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshh
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment to web-based email client using mailx

hi, i am trying to send mail with attachment to web-based email client like gmail.com using mailx. the problem is it is displayed in content rather than as attachment. the code i am using is as follows, uuencode test1.txt test1.txt | mailx -s "test only" aaaa@gmail.com does anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randomcz1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to send email to multiple users

hi, i'm pretty new to this unix. i've been asked to create a shell script which will pick up the email id from a text file(stored in same machine, same directory) searches for that id in another file in which a product name( a one line text) is mentioned against it. then it should send a mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwas.shenoy
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Using Mailx to send to list of email addresses

Im trying to use a shell script to send to a list of email addresses in a txt file. Here is what i have tried but it keeps sending to dead.letter... Success.ksh contains... mailx -s"Night Batch Success" 'cat /Scripts/email_addresses.txt' < /Scripts/email_body_message.txt The email body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aguad3
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to send email as CC to a ID using Mailx command in HP UX

Hey Guys, I have been trying to send a email as ccto a email ID .However it seems the -c option is not working in HP UX system. It is shooting an error as "mailx: illegal option -- c" My script isin the below manner: mailx -c EMAIL_IDS_CC# -s 'BDC reminder' -r sender@email.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Send email using alias name through mailx

Hi, My requirement is I have to send email using mailx command and the recipient of the mail should see a alias instead of email address in his mail box. The same functionality that we get when we sent email using an address book. Is this functionality possible through mailx? I tried doing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsisurampalli
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How can i use Mailx to send email

I would like to use Mailx command, please i hope when you replay give me example. because this is very good think for me. I am New in sun Microsystems Solaris 10, i hope to give me also rules to learn Solaris easily. Thank you Joseph Shafik (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.shafik
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Syntax for mailx to send email to CC

I am trying to send email using "echo "Test Email" | mailx -s "Subject" someone@xyz.com I also want to send CC to another email address along with TO using above statement. Can anyone please help me on this. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap27
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

MAILX too much time to send email

Hello, I am using heirloom-mailx on UBUNTU 11.04 to create a bash script that sends an e-mail with an attachment. The command invoked is : echo $BODY | mailx -v \ -S smtp=smtps://$smtpmailserver:465 \ -S from=$MITTENTE \ -S ssl-verify=ignore \ -S smtp-auth=login \ -S smtp-auth-user=$USER \... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: occhiverdi1987
8 Replies
Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::Plugin::Config - read nagios plugin .ini style config files SYNOPSIS
# Read given nagios plugin config file $Config = Nagios::Plugin::Config->read( '/etc/nagios/plugins.ini' ); # Search for and read default nagios plugin config file $Config = Nagios::Plugin::Config->read(); # Access sections and properties (returns scalars or arrayrefs) $rootproperty = $Config->{_}->{rootproperty}; $one = $Config->{section}->{one}; $Foo = $Config->{section}->{Foo}; DESCRIPTION
Nagios::Plugin::Config is a subclass of the excellent Config::Tiny, with the following changes: o Repeated keys are allowed within sections, returning lists instead of scalars o Write functionality has been removed i.e. access is read only o Nagios::Plugin::Config searches for a default nagios plugins file if no explicit filename is given to "read()". The current standard locations checked are: /etc/nagios/plugins.ini /usr/local/nagios/etc/plugins.ini /usr/local/etc/nagios /etc/opt/nagios/plugins.ini /etc/nagios-plugins.ini /usr/local/etc/nagios-plugins.ini /etc/opt/nagios-plugins.ini To use a custom location, set a "NAGIOS_CONFIG_PATH" environment variable to the set of directories that should be checked. The first "plugins.ini" or "nagios-plugins.ini" file found will be used. SEE ALSO
Config::Tiny, Nagios::Plugin AUTHORS
This code is maintained by the Nagios Plugin Development Team: <http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net>. COPYRIGHT and LICENCE Copyright (C) 2006-2007 by Nagios Plugin Development Team This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-03 Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)