Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers listing files that does not belong to current date Post 99650 by Bab00shka on Monday 20th of February 2006 11:03:35 AM
Old 02-20-2006
Use 'find'

from the find man page:

Numeric arguments can be specified as

+n for greater than n,

-n for less than n,

n for exactly n.

so find . -mtime +1
finds all files older then 1 day old

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

long listing of files up to a given date

Hi I would like to a long list of files up to a given date. I've tried: ls -al > filelist but this command gives me all the files. I've also have tried the find command: find . -mtime -10 -type f -print > filelist This gives me information on active file within the past 10 days and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find files less than the current date

Hai, i have one directory contains 100 files .each file name like xvb_dateformat.i want find which file names are xvb_lessthan or equal to currentdate. any one give the solution. regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallikarjuna
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing files that do not belong to current date

How do we list all the file names in a directory that does not belong to current date. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esh.mohan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming of multiple files with current date

Hi, I have a fixed 4 files in each different directory. The total 17 directories are there each one having 4 files inside it. I need rename all of them with current date. The files formates will be as below: Folder1: abc_NOR_xyz_ddmmyyyy.txt abc_NOR_ghij_ddmmyyyy.txt Folder2:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjanardhan83
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files that belong to a certain year date?

I'm trying to list files, first by size and I'm using something like this ls -l|awk '{print $5,$6,$7,$8,$9|"sort -nr"}'|more Now I'd like to just do the same listing but only for files with the year 2009 in the $8 field or even anything less than 2011. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy current date files to another dir

i have directory /abcd and i want to copy all today date files in /xyz directory. i am able to see the files by using below command but not able to understand copy. find . -mtime -1 -type f -exec ls -l {} \; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

7. Debian

Search files that start with current date

hi all, i need to find same files in my directory that looks like this format 20121017145949639.xml (YYYYMMDD*.xml) thanks for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merouan
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to replace a parameter(variable) date value inside a text files daily with current date?

Hello All, we what we call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
1 Replies
sttime(3)						    ShapeTools Toolkit Library							 sttime(3)

NAME
stMktime, stWriteTime - date and time handling SYNOPSIS
#include <config.h> #include <sttk.h.h> time_tstMktime (char *string); char*stWriteTime (time_t date); DESCRIPTION
stMktime scans the given string and tries to read a date and time from it. It understands various formats of date strings. The following is a list of all valid formats, optional parts in brackets. [Tue] Jan 5[,] [19]93 This includes the standard asctime(3) format. Jan 5 With no year given, the year defaults to the current year. [19]93/01/05 This notation requires month and day represented by exactly two digits. 5.1.[19]93 This is the usual German notation. 5.1. German notation referencing the current year. A certain time, given together with the date must always have the following form. hours:minutes[:seconds] Each of the fields must be an integer value within the proper range (hours: 0-23, minutes and seconds: 0-59). Values below 10 may be written as one digit numbers. The time value may be placed anywhere in the date string: at the beginning, at the end, or somewhere in the middle. Any amount of white- space may be given between a field of the time value and the separating colon. The time is always considered to be local time. stWriteTime generates a time string similar to asctime(3) from its date argument. SEE ALSO
asctime(3) BUGS
Time Zone Names within the time string (like `MET') are not handled properly. In most cases they will cause a failure. sttk-1.7 Thu Jun 24 17:43:35 1993 sttime(3)