Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: set path
Operating Systems Solaris set path Post 99616 by strider on Monday 20th of February 2006 06:55:00 AM
Old 02-20-2006
dude my comp just seems to hate me...
even thats not workin...
onr more thing... in the JAVA desktop env. (im using solaris 10) tried changing the default command... tried using sh, bash bu to no avail... (if i leave it blank, the console doesnt accept chars)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set PATH using a script

I am a corporate user of Solaris ?? I have to write a lot of scripts to do little repetitive actions. To make this easier I would like to set the PATH so that I do not have to type ./ first before the script name. Is there an easy script that will allow me to set this path when I log in??? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set variable PATH

Hi, i know that this topic discussed for many times but although i had researched them i couldnt succeed in my problem. i am following a step-by-step instruction guide and must do the following: ------------- To ensure access, set the path PATH $ORACLE_HOME/perl/bin:$PATH and set the Perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merope
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to set a path for a command?

Hi, I install java at Fedora Core. So to run any java applications i have to write the complety path. For example, /usr/java/jre1.5.0_11/bin/java "javafile" I want to write only "java" but it said "command not found". How i fix this? Thank you very much Lakis (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakis
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set man path

hi, I m not able to see manual page of any commmand in my linux system. every time if i m typing $man <comand> it is showing the no manual entry . I think the man path is not set properrly . could any one tell me how to get the man pages location in the system so that i can set it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set java Path

Hey eveyone, I am new to unix, and I just installed java 6, however it doesn't recognize javac command I tried to set the path such as: set path="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_06/bin/ but i still got the same error message. any ideas? -andi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adtd8
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Not Able to Set the path

Hi, I want to set the path for my application so I am setting the path as below -- PATH=${PATH}:.:/envs/mldev/tools:/envs/mldev/common/tools:${HOME}:/bin/p4v:/usr/j2se:/usr/j2se/bin:/usr/j2se/lib or PATH="\ /usr/bin:\ /usr/sbin:\ /usr/dt/bin:\ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
7 Replies

7. Solaris

How to set path for a command

Hi all, I am trying ping command in SUN v240 server but it is not working but when i am using the full path /usr/sbin/ping <ip address> then it is working. how to set the path of ping command so that by simply typing ping <ip address> it should work ? Plz help me out:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PATH set but I can't find where!!!!

Hi, Can anybody help with this? When I log into my user account on my box via ssh and then instantly perform an env command I see that my path has been set as follows: PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin My user account uses the ksh shell. In my home directory there is no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I set the path

Very new to this type of thing so go easy on me....... I have downloaded a command language for data display. It came as ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.MacOS_10.6_i386_64bit_gcc421.tar.gz and I unzipped/tarred it into my local directory. The new directory, ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.MacOS_10.6_i386_64bit_gcc421,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: davcra
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Path set

Something changed on my unix box. Now when I log in it is showing entire path. It used to show only $ prompt before. I know I need to do something in .profile to show only $ prompt Could you please tell me what I should do, to show only $ prompt. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raopatwari
4 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)