Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: please help me in FreeBSD
Operating Systems BSD please help me in FreeBSD Post 99547 by thmnetwork on Saturday 18th of February 2006 05:02:21 PM
Old 02-18-2006
I'm not a regular BSD user, but this can be done in a shell script using "cut"

look up the man page for "cut" and you should immediately see how you can use it to parse the output of df

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with FreeBSD!!!

Hi I want to write to my output_file using: if((fptr = creat(output_file, _S_IWRITE)) == -1) { printf("output_file..."..); return (1); } for(...) { _write(fptr, buffer, BUF_SIZE); } It says "_S_IWRITE" undeclared!!! Anybody knows what function I can use for that and what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacasa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD

I am on AOL now,and i am using 56 k,i was gonna install FreeBSD,but i dont know if aol works on BSD,or my modem. Do they work on BSD? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kita
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Freebsd 4.5

i am new at unix and am VERY confused about the compression processes. what progs do i need to unzip and zip files? there must be a standard one similar to winzip? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mindscan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD

What is FreeBSD, who does use Free? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberangel
3 Replies

5. BSD

FreeBSD 5.2.1

I want someone tell me the positives and negatives points of FreeBSD 5.2.1, if someone help me, i thanks a lot! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: israel
4 Replies

6. BSD

I want the Best FREEBSD

B]I want the best of the best FreeBSD version for my study in Unix...please sugest me... Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: israel
5 Replies

7. BSD

Having problem with FreeBSD 5.3

I just download the FreeBSD 5.3 i386 iso files. And I have a problem now, I can't copy the 5.3-RELEASE-i386-disc2.iso to the cd, I try a lot of times, even change lots of blank cd to try but still cannot. But I can copy the other three iso files, i.e. 5.3-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GarbageKing
4 Replies

8. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

9. Fedora

FreeBSD

I'm using Windows mostly and the only *nix thing I used during my life was cygwin (I like command line :)). But currently I have (by an occasion) a DVD with latest FreeBSD. I don't know why, but I want to install it... But probably, this OS is too difficult for a beginner. I heard, it's used on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeenageWerewolf
3 Replies
MECH(5) 						      BSD File Formats Manual							   MECH(5)

NAME
mech, qop -- GSS-API Mechanism and QOP files SYNOPSIS
/etc/gss/mech /etc/gss/qop DESCRIPTION
The /etc/gss/mech file contains a list of installed GSS-API security mechanisms. Each line of the file either contains a comment if the first character is '#' or it contains five fields with the following meanings: Name The name of this GSS-API mechanism. Object identifier The OID for this mechanism. Library A shared library containing the implementation of this mechanism. Kernel module Optional kernel module containing the implementation of this mechanism (not yet supported in FreeBSD). Library options Optional parameters interpreted by the mechanism. Library options must be enclosed in brackets ([ ]) to differentiate them from the optional kernel module entry. The first mechanism listed in /etc/gss/mech is the default mechanism. This mechanism will be used by gss_init_sec_context(3) if the user doesn't specify a specific mechanism. The /etc/gss/qop file contains a list of Quality of Protection values for use with GSS-API. Each line of the file either contains a comment if the first character is '#' or it contains three fields with the following meanings: QOP string The name of this Quality of Protection algorithm. QOP value The numeric value used to select this algorithm for use with GSS-API functions such as gss_get_mic(3). Mechanism name The GSS-API mechanism name that corresponds to this algorithm. EXAMPLES
This is a typical entry from /etc/gss/mech: kerberosv5 1.2.840.113554.1.2.2 /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.8 - This is a typical entry from /etc/gss/qop: GSS_KRB5_CONF_C_QOP_DES 0x0100 kerberosv5 HISTORY
The mech manual page first appeared in FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Doug Rabson <dfr@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
January 26, 2010 BSD