Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Set Oracle Environmental Variable !! Post 99494 by tmarikle on Friday 17th of February 2006 04:04:07 PM
Old 02-17-2006
When you execute a script with a period like so:
Code:
. ./setenv.sh

The script is executed as though you typed the commands in on the command line and your environment variables effectively extend past the end of your script.

As far as your error is concerned, I don't know what is happening. I ran it in Korn shell; yours appears to be a Bourne shell.

Last edited by tmarikle; 02-17-2006 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: spelling

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Environmental Variable

Hi, I'm exporting an environmental variable from a C program using putenv function. I'm calling the exe of the C program from shell script. But when I display the environmental variables from the Shell script, My varaible is not getting displayed. Can anyone please tell me how to get it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janemary.a
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the value of a variable which is having another value in environmental script?

Dear Folks, I am facing an issue in getting a value of a variable.Let me explain the scenario. I am having a list file say files.list in which I have mentioned 1 FILE1 2 FILE2 Then I am having an set_env.ksh in which I mentioned FILE1=/clocal/data/user/userdata.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle environmental variables in shells script

Hi, Getting below error on executing the shell script which initiates sqlplus How to set oracle enviornment variables in the shell script ? With Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL loader script - ORACLE environmental variable

I am new in unix.. I am running a sql loader script where I have to specify the data file path but the file name contains spaces in it so giving error multiple arguments I have tried it with "" and '' but does n't work the command is : $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlldr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sandip Dey
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting Environmental Variable

I have a request from a programmer to set an env variable for him. I know how to do it for bash shell by adding the following line to .bash_profile export $VAR=/home/code/project/ But this will be applicable only when he is in his bash shell. What is the procedure to be followed to make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Environmental variable

i want to set environmental variables in solaris and redhat. it should show the current directory and the default shell should be bourne shell. along with it should show the hostname.. like this hostname{/home/vipin/data}# ifconfig Thanks in advanced.:wall: Please use code tags.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

set oracle variable in function

Hi, I have a function that is suposed to generate a AWR report: #-----------------------# gen_awr() #-----------------------# { sqlplus -s admin/admin@OCEAN11<<ENDOFSQL define num_days = '' define report_type = "html" define begin_snap =$snap1 define end_snap =%snap2 define... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitlib
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearing a environmental variable

i set a variable from the command line: export GANG="james,roy,martin" i can access this variable ($GANG) from a script. but each time i run the script, the variable keeps getting bigger. more info keeps getting added to it. Is there anyway i can make the $GANG variable contain the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with cron and environmental variable

My shell script it.sh.I am calling bip.sh from it.sh #!/bin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/var/opt/oracle/product/10g; export ORACLE_HOME PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/bin:/usr/bin; export PATH today=`date "+%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S"`; export today CUR_DIR=$1; export CUR_DIR LOG_FILE=$CUR_DIR/error.log;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< Environmental Variables are not set when script completes >>

Hi Team, I have a wrapper script which i have pasted below, it internally calls one python script to generate Environmental in a file called /home/oracle/myenv.sh, when i execute this script via wrapper script, its not reflecting in my current session, still showing old env variables. any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle - Reserved SQL words by Oracle SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved Oracle word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by Oracle Database. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either Oracle7, Oracle8i, Oracle9i or Oracle10g. is_reserved_by_oracle7( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle7. is_reserved_by_oracle8( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle8i. is_reserved_by_oracle9( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle9i. is_reserved_by_oracle10( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Oracle10g. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with Oracle versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_oracle7 is_reserved_by_oracle8 is_reserved_by_oracle9 is_reserved_by_oracle10 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::Oracle(3pm)