Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect to a Remote Sybase Server Through Script Post 99468 by DebianJ on Friday 17th of February 2006 10:59:42 AM
Old 02-17-2006
to connect to sybase you can use isql from your unix script, or odbc if you are programming in c o perl.
the isql syntax is like this:

#!/bin/ksh
DOWN()
{
isql -b -U$user -P$password -S$server -o$output <<END
go
go
sql statement
go
END
}

user=xxxxxx
password=yyyy
server=zzz
DOWN

anyway you can search for isql in this forum..
bye.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Connect - SCO Open Server

Hello.. Please helppppppp...!!! I am using SCO Open Server version 5.0 at work. I am trying to find a third party software to use on my computer at home which has windows 98 on it to do remote connect to my work. Is there any such software ? I know there is PC ANYWHERE but i don't think it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackpotp
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connect to a Remote Sybase Server Through Script.

Hi all, I am trying to connect to Remote Sybase database Server through shell script. I am operating on WindowsXP, connect to Unix(version SunOS: 5.8) The thing is i dont know how to connect to Sybase Server through my script file? Are there any manual pages which can guide me through the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aparna_k82
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to sybase database using Korn shell script

Hi, Can anyone please give me a script or let me know how to connect to a sybase database and execute a query using Korn shell scripts.Am new to Unix but i need to do this ASAP. Please help. Thanks, Gops (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for how to connect to a remote server by using ssh

i want to connect to a remote server through ssh. i have to also provide password within that script. after connecting to the remote server i want to do some operations like grep,cd etc can u pls help me to wite a script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to connect to a remote server and execute scripts

Hello All I need a script or set of commands which can establish a remote connection with another server and execute some scripts over there. Basically it has to establish the connection with the remote server as an user ,say 'testuser' and then execute the script 'testscript'. and return the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgbhat
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I connect to a remote X11 server ?

Hi, how do I connect to a remote x server? i tried this: startx -display 192.168.0.1:0 # when I do this, it just connects to my own x server i.e I see my own desktop. and export DISPLAY=192.168.0.1:0.0 # when I do this nothing happens. (it doesn't even try to connect, no activity in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxfuser
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

unable to connect remote server using ssh

hi all i am unable to connect remote server using ssh but i am able to ping the server ssh service is running. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Connect to remote server using sftp with password define within command/script

I am trying to connect to remote server in hp-ux, using sftp command (using sftp username@ip and password ) able to connect to remote server but, in this case sftp prompt for password and user need to manually enter it. I want sftp can read a password define in script or from file, so it can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo connect to a remote server and execute scripts in remote server

Hello Every one!! I am trying to write a shell script which will connect to a remote server and execute scripts which are at a certain path in the remote server. Before this I am using a sudo command to change the user. The place where I am stuck is, I am able to connect to the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: masubram
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
isql(1) 						       UnixODBC manual pages							   isql(1)

NAME
isql, iusql - unixODBC command-line interactive SQL tool SYNOPSIS
isql DSN [USER [PASSWORD]] [options] DESCRIPTION
isql is a command line tool which allows the user to execute SQL in batch or interactively. It has some interesting options such as an option to generate output wrapped in an HTML table. iusql is the same tool with built-in Unicode support. ARGUMENTS
DSN The Data Source Name, which should be used to make connection to the database. The data source is looked for in the /etc/odbc.ini and $HOME/.odbc.ini files in that order, with the latter overwriting the former. USER Specifies the database user/role under which the connection should be made. PASSWORD Password for the specified USER. OPTIONS
-b Run isql in non-interactive batch mode. In this mode, the isql processes its standard input, expecting one SQL command per line. -dDELIMITER Delimits columns with delimiter. -xHEX Delimits columns with HEX, which is a hexadecimal code of the delimiting character in the format 0xNN - i.e. 0x09 for the TAB char- acter. -w Format the result as HTML table. -c Output the names of the columns on the first row. Has any effect only with the -d or -x options. -mNUM Limit the column display width to NUM characters. -lLOCALE Sets locale to LOCALE. -q Wrap the character fields in double quotes. -3 Use the ODBC 3 calls. -n Use the newline processing. -e Use the SQLExecDirect instead of Prepare. -k Use SQLDriverConnect. -v Turn on the verbose mode, where the errors are fully described. Useful for debugging. --version Prints the program version and exits. COMMANDS
This section briefly describes some isql runtime commands. help List all tables in the database. help table List all columns in the table. help help List all help options. EXAMPLES
$ isql WebDB MyID MyPWD -w -b < My.sql Connects to the WebDB as user MyID with password MyPWD, then execute the commands in the My.sql file and returns the results wrapped in HTML table. Each line in My.sql must contain exactly 1 SQL command, except for the last line, which must be blank (unless the -n option is specified). FILES
/etc/odbc.ini System-wide DSN definitions. See odbc.ini(5) for details. $HOME/.odbc.ini User-specific DSN definitions. See odbc.ini(5) for details. SEE ALSO
odbcinst(1), odbc.ini(5) AUTHORS
The authors of unixODBC are Peter Harvey <pharvey@codebydesign.com> and Nick Gorham <nick@easysoft.com>. For the full list of contributors see the AUTHORS file. COPYRIGHT
unixODBC is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License. For details about the license, see the COPYING file. version 2.3.1 Tue 25 Jun 2013 isql(1)