Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 'make' problems (compliation problems?) Post 9942 by wizard on Monday 5th of November 2001 09:47:44 PM
Old 11-05-2001
The version of gcc shipped with Solaris 8 is 2.95.2. Since this is a
fairly recent version, I just use this and I haven't tried another assembler. However, if you download GNU binutils from

http://www.gnu.org/software/software...wToGetSoftware

and change all references to /usr/ccs/bin/as to the path to the GNU assembler, this should work. The problem is between the Solaris assembler and gcc. Using the GNU assembler with gcc should solve the problem. However, it will take more effort to get this working and you will only gain one bug fix level by doing it. Up to you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to subtract 2 hours from 'date' in shell ( /bin/sh ) script ?

I write a sh script that zip and copy to tape all files that older then 2 hours. 1. The way I choose is - touch a file with "now - 2 hours", then use fine with '! -newer' 2. Do you have any other idea to do it ? tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairon
1 Replies

2. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

TCP Programming problems with 'recv'

Hey, I am learning to program a TCP server and managed to get it up and running (I am using Windows 98SE). I can use the send function to send information to the client and I can use the recv function to ask the user to pass information through, but when I do so it only allows the client to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

BELKIN 'F5D5020' 16bit PCMCIA - FreeBSD HOWTO

Hey all, I've bought a few bits from Belkin who seem quite happy to support FreeBSD! Last time I bought a UPS from them and it's still going well :D I saw this on their website that the 16bit PCMCIA card was supported under FreeBSD: http://www.belkin.com/network/F5D5020.html I went to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
0 Replies

7. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

Procmail recipe: blocking 'unsubscribe and opt-out' messages....

Here is a crude procmail recipe that I quickly created (NOT a procmail recipe expert, btw) that has been catching lots of spam (current second after the charset_spam recipe posted earlier): :0B * .*If.you.do.not.wish.to.receive...* more_spam :0B * You.requested.to.receive.this.mailing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

D'oh! More SSH problems

But this time it's not the implementation, it's the protocol. Check this out for a description: http://lasecwww.epfl.ch/memo_ssl.shtml There's a little more general information found in links on Slashdot's story here. Don't rush out and replace your sshd, though. This attack apparently only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies
Dist::Zilla::MVP::Assembler::Zilla(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Dist::Zilla::MVP::Assembler::Zilla(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::MVP::Assembler::Zilla - Dist::Zilla::MVP::Assembler for the Dist::Zilla object VERSION
version 4.300020 OVERVIEW
This is a subclass of Dist::Zilla::MVP::Assembler used when assembling the Dist::Zilla object. It has a "zilla_class" attribute, which is used to determine what class of Dist::Zilla object to create. (This isn't very useful now, but will be in the future when minting and building use different subclasses of Dist::Zilla.) Upon construction, the assembler will create a Dist::Zilla::MVP::RootSection as the initial section. METHODS
zilla This method is a shortcut for retrieving the "zilla" from the root section. If called before that section has been finalized, it will result in an exception. register_stash $assembler->register_stash($name => $stash_object); This adds a stash to the assembler's zilla's stash registry -- unless the name is already taken, in which case an exception is raised. AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo SIGNES. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 Dist::Zilla::MVP::Assembler::Zilla(3pm)