Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Weird problem with output from "date '+3600*%H+60*%M+%S' " Post 99337 by Perderabo on Thursday 16th of February 2006 11:22:35 AM
Old 02-16-2006
Dave Korn did not possess the wisdom of Posix and he forgot to make integers with a leading 0 to be interpreted as octal. Thank goodness Posix came along to pick up the slack! Some of your systems still have a non-posix compliant korn shell and are willing to perform arithmetic on an integer like 08 and 09. A test? Just run the script in the original form prior to 10am.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

Debian: doubt in "top" %CPU and "sar" output

Hi All, I am running my application on a dual cpu debian linux 3.0 (2.4.19 kernel). For my application: <sar -U ALL> CPU %user %nice %system %idle ... 10:58:04 0 153.10 0.00 38.76 0.00 10:58:04 1 3.88 0.00 4.26 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add seconds to: date"|"time"|"HHMMSS

Hey all, I have a shell that invokes a AWK. In this AWK i want invoke a function that receives 3 parameters: date: 20080831 time: 235901 duration: 00023 that function receive this 3 parameters and sum to this value two more seconds: 2008083123590100025 Remember that in case that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

5. AIX

xx=`date +"%a %b %d"`;rsh xxx grep "^$XX" zzz ?

AIX 4.2 I am trying to do an rsh grep to search for date records inside server logs by doing this : xx=`date +"%a %b %d"` rsh xxx grep "^$XX" zzz gives : grep: 0652-033 Cannot open Jun. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open 11. But if I do : xx=`date +"%a %b %d"` grep "^$XX" zzz it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

8. AIX

Problem in understanding the output of errpt -d H -T PERM -s `date +"%m%d%H00%y"`

Its very critical and 'm in need to schedule this on my crontab so that the output can be monitored by a tool I have written the command below to redirect the error which has the output redirected to the file gincle_lol.log. Code: echo "---" >>/gingle/gincle_lol.log date... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in understanding the output of errpt -d H -T PERM -s `date +"%m%d%H00%y"`

Its very critical and 'm in need to schedule this on my crontab so that the output can be monitored by a tool I have written the command below to redirect the error which has the output redirected to the file gincle_lol.log. echo "---" >>/gingle/gincle_lol.log date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output from the file to extract "date" section

Hello Team , I have to extract date section from the below file output. The output of the file is as shown below. I have to extract the "" this section from the above output of the file. can anyone please let me know how can we acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
4 Replies
VFS_AIO_LINUX(8)					    System Administration tools 					  VFS_AIO_LINUX(8)

NAME
vfs_aio_linux - implement async I/O in Samba vfs using Linux kernel aio calls SYNOPSIS
vfs objects = aio_linux DESCRIPTION
This VFS module is part of the samba(7) suite. The aio_linux VFS module enables asynchronous I/O for Samba on Linux kernels that have the kernel AIO calls available without using the Posix AIO interface. Posix AIO can suffer from severe limitations. For example, on some Linux versions the real-time signals that it uses are broken under heavy load. Other systems only allow AIO when special kernel modules are loaded or only allow a certain system-wide amount of async requests being scheduled. Systems based on glibc (most Linux systems) only allow a single outstanding request per file descriptor which essentially makes Posix AIO useless on systems using the glibc implementation. To work around all these limitations, the aio_linux module was written. It uses the Linux kernel AIO interface instead of the internal Posix AIO interface to allow read and write calls to be processed asynchronously. A queue size of 128 events is used by default. To change this limit set the "aio num events" parameter below. Note that the smb.conf parameters aio read size and aio write size must also be set appropriately for this module to be active. This module MUST be listed last in any module stack as the Samba VFS pread/pwrite interface is not thread-safe. This module makes direct pread and pwrite system calls and does NOT call the Samba VFS pread and pwrite interfaces. EXAMPLES
Straight forward use: [cooldata] path = /data/ice aio read size = 1024 aio write size = 1024 vfs objects = aio_linux OPTIONS
aio_linux:aio num events = INTEGER Set the maximum size of the event queue that is used to limit outstanding IO requests. By default this is set to 128. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 VFS_AIO_LINUX(8)