Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Catching all Exit Codes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Catching all Exit Codes Post 99324 by vino on Thursday 16th of February 2006 08:46:20 AM
Old 02-16-2006
Introduce a function to catch all the exit codes.

Something like

Code:

EXIT_CODE=""

function assembleExitCode
{
EXIT_CODE="${EXIT_CODE} $@"
}

At every place where you are looking for an exit code, invoke the function as
Code:
assembleExitCode $?

At the end of the code,

Code:
if [[ x"$EXIT_CODE" != x ]] ; then
echo "Mail status"
fi ;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

exit codes

Where can a locate a list of Unix exit codes? thank you, Donna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: donna carter
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Explanation for the exit codes 2

Hi, Can anyone give me the explanation for the exit codes 1 and 2 returned from Korn shell. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sesedada
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit codes in SFTP

HI All, I have created a unix script which takes 2 parameters and using sftp tranfers files to remote location following is the script #!/bin/ksh # # # Parameter 1 is the complete path of the destination server # Parameter 2 is the complete path of the file which is to be FTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikramsnest
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference b/t the exit codes $* and $@

I know that the exit codes in scripting "$*" will returns all the parameters/arguments passwd to the script. But I also know that "$@" will also returns the same. What is the difference between those two ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit Codes

Good Morning All.. I was wondering about getting exit codes of a command in a shell script. I'm trying to run uvscan (McAfee command line scanner) and I want to have the log file say why, if at all, the process failed/exited. Something to the extent of If ; then echo "This is why it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmschube
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP Exit Codes

Hello, I need to ensure that SCP does not leave any partially transmitted files on the remote server due to transmission errors. Can it be assumed that: 1) if SCP returns a success with Exit Code == 0, a complete local file has been copied in its entirety to the remote location? 2)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogersed
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exit codes from rexec?

how do i/is there a way to return the exit code from the remote host? echo $? from the local host only gives 0, if the rexec command itself executes successfully. But what if in the case of the remote command failiing? echo $? on the localhost still gives 0, but I'm interested in the exit code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: diego_sapphire
4 Replies

9. Linux

Exit codes

I am trying to run this SH on Linux and getting error at IF condition. I want to read the EXIT code and send the failure or success message. Please help me on this. This worked when i was running on Solaris. #!/bin/bash $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus abc/xyz@qwe @/home/test.sql if ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlmadhav
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl | catching the letter 'Q' for exit.

Hi all, I made a simple script with a prompt menu in Perl. All working good, but I want to add an option while the program is running that on every time when the user press 'Q' the program will exit. I know I can use $SIG{'INT'} or any other %SIG option. This option is a unix signal which I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedGrinGo
3 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)