Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Keep process running (wget) and logout Post 99244 by zazzybob on Wednesday 15th of February 2006 06:46:45 PM
Old 02-15-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatterBrain
i suppose you can run the script with the 'nuhup' and the '&'. this should keep it running after logout.
nohup

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with this background wget process.

I run an online game, and every 10 seconds or so i need to "run" a file. In other words in needs to be executed. Its a PHP file. The file updates vital things in my game, each time it does it its know as a "tick". Here is the code i am using. (wget... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey1090
2 Replies

2. Programming

Running app after logout and monitoring

Hello! I just programmed a very simple app, it's function is to report every minute the state of the memory and cpu and put it to and xml. All this stuff is working ok since I'm logged in into the machine, but i want it to run as a service, how can I do that?? P.S: Any one knows how can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keep process running on logout

Hey All, I'm logging in via an SSH shell. I'm wondering if there's a way to execute a command and it not die when I close my terminal window (or rather, logout of the SSH shell). Thanks, Nathan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NathanWarden
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UniX Process not getting logout.

Hi, We have UNIX menu. when we exit the menu the processes are not getting log out. please suggest me how to log out the process after exit from the UNIX Menu. Regards, laknar. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding apache process id that is spawned by a wget

Hi, I have a situation where I am writing a programme that runs a series of long running PHP scripts that can take anything from 20 minutes to 10 hours to execute. I have a solution half implemented where I use via php exec(wget <location to command>) and get the process id back. This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrploddy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to keep program running after logout

Hello everyone. I am logged into a computer through ssh. I would like to run a program and have it keep running after I log out without screen (i forgot to run it). For example: ssh server user/comp~$ top & 12021 exit after that: ssh server user/comp~$ (something, maybe shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lepetal
5 Replies

8. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)

NAME
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql - load the time zone tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql arguments DESCRIPTION
The mysql_tzinfo_to_sql program loads the time zone tables in the mysql database. It is used on systems that have a zoneinfo database (the set of files describing time zones). Examples of such systems are Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Mac OS X. One likely location for these files is the /usr/share/zoneinfo directory (/usr/share/lib/zoneinfo on Solaris). If your system does not have a zoneinfo database, you can use the downloadable package described in Section 9.6, "MySQL Server Time Zone Support". mysql_tzinfo_to_sql can be invoked several ways: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_dir shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file For the first invocation syntax, pass the zoneinfo directory path name to mysql_tzinfo_to_sql and send the output into the mysql program. For example: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root mysql mysql_tzinfo_to_sql reads your system's time zone files and generates SQL statements from them. mysql processes those statements to load the time zone tables. The second syntax causes mysql_tzinfo_to_sql to load a single time zone file tz_file that corresponds to a time zone name tz_name: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql tz_file tz_name | mysql -u root mysql If your time zone needs to account for leap seconds, invoke mysql_tzinfo_to_sql using the third syntax, which initializes the leap second information. tz_file is the name of your time zone file: shell> mysql_tzinfo_to_sql --leap tz_file | mysql -u root mysql After running mysql_tzinfo_to_sql, it is best to restart the server so that it does not continue to use any previously cached time zone data. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_TZINFO_TO_S(1)