Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 'make' problems (compliation problems?) Post 9922 by xyyz on Monday 5th of November 2001 02:40:59 PM
Old 11-05-2001
hmmm... that makes sense...

I'll try it...

but... is there a version of AS that will work with the version of gcc I have?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to subtract 2 hours from 'date' in shell ( /bin/sh ) script ?

I write a sh script that zip and copy to tape all files that older then 2 hours. 1. The way I choose is - touch a file with "now - 2 hours", then use fine with '! -newer' 2. Do you have any other idea to do it ? tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairon
1 Replies

2. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

TCP Programming problems with 'recv'

Hey, I am learning to program a TCP server and managed to get it up and running (I am using Windows 98SE). I can use the send function to send information to the client and I can use the recv function to ask the user to pass information through, but when I do so it only allows the client to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

BELKIN 'F5D5020' 16bit PCMCIA - FreeBSD HOWTO

Hey all, I've bought a few bits from Belkin who seem quite happy to support FreeBSD! Last time I bought a UPS from them and it's still going well :D I saw this on their website that the 16bit PCMCIA card was supported under FreeBSD: http://www.belkin.com/network/F5D5020.html I went to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
0 Replies

7. Email Antispam Techniques and Email Filtering

Procmail recipe: blocking 'unsubscribe and opt-out' messages....

Here is a crude procmail recipe that I quickly created (NOT a procmail recipe expert, btw) that has been catching lots of spam (current second after the charset_spam recipe posted earlier): :0B * .*If.you.do.not.wish.to.receive...* more_spam :0B * You.requested.to.receive.this.mailing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

D'oh! More SSH problems

But this time it's not the implementation, it's the protocol. Check this out for a description: http://lasecwww.epfl.ch/memo_ssl.shtml There's a little more general information found in links on Slashdot's story here. Don't rush out and replace your sshd, though. This attack apparently only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies
tkvars(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 tkvars(3)

NAME
tkvars - Variables used or set by Tk DESCRIPTION
The following perl variables are either set or used by Tk at various times in its execution. (For a list of variables used by perl see perlvar.) $Tk::library This variable holds the file name for a directory containing the modules related to Tk. These modules include an initialization file that is normally processed whenever a Tk application starts up, plus other files containing procedures that implement default behaviors for widgets. The initial value of $Tk::library is set when Tk is added to an interpreter; this is done by searching searching for a directory named Tk in the directory where the file Tk.pm, or the first directory Tk in @INC. The TK_LIBRARY environment variable used by Tcl/Tk is not supported by perl/Tk. Please use @INC to change where modules are searched. Note: This is Tcl remnant. With perl it makes more sense to use @INC and %INC). $Tk::patchLevel Contains a decimal integer giving the current patch level for Tk. The patch level is incremented for each new release or patch, and it uniquely identifies an official version of Tk. Note: this is Tcl remnant. With perl it makes more sense to use $Tk::VERSION described below. $Tk::strictMotif This variable is set to zero by default. If an application sets it to one, then Tk attempts to adhere as closely as possible to Motif look-and-feel standards. For example, active elements such as buttons and scrollbar sliders will not change color when the pointer passes over them. $Tk::VERSION The variable holds the current version number of the perl/Tk release in the form major.minor. Major and minor are integers. The major version number shows on which Tcl/Tk release perl/Tk is based. E.g., 402 means based on Tcls Tk 4.2. (Patchlevel of Tcls Tk are not incorporated because perl/Tk tended to be ``ahead'' of them on some fixes and behind on others. The first digest of the major version number increases in any Tk release that includes changes that are not backward compatible (i.e. whenever existing perl/Tk applications and scripts may have to change to work with the new release). The minor version depends on perl/Tk only. It uses the 'even'='stable', 'odd'='experimental' scheme that linux uses: .0xx - inherently 'alpha' .1xx - experimental 'beta' .2xx - stable .3xx - experimental .4xx - stable ... The minor version number increases with each new release of Tk, except that it resets to zero whenever the major version number changes. $Tk::version The variable holds the current version number of the Tk library in the form major.minor. Major and minor are integers. The major version number increases in any Tk release that includes changes that are not backward compatible (i.e. whenever existing Tk applications and scripts may have to change to work with the new release). The minor version number increases with each new release of Tk, except that it resets to zero whenever the major version number changes. Note: this is Tcl remnant. With perl it makes more sense to use $Tk::VERSION described above. KEYWORDS
variables, version perl v5.12.1 2007-05-05 tkvars(3)