Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract directories, users, groups & permissions to excel Post 99170 by MacLon on Wednesday 15th of February 2006 09:38:34 AM
Old 02-15-2006
Data Extract directories, users, groups & permissions to excel

Hi

As the title descibes I wish to create an excel spreadsheet which lists all directories in full allong with the users, groups and rights.

I have not used Perl scripts before so I'm a little lost on this on.

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Users and groups

Hi, Is it possible that one user belongs to many groups, or the relation of user/group is 1/1?. Thanks Ramón (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsanz
2 Replies

2. Linux

listing users and groups

RH 7.2 I'm trying to list the users & groups on my machine. I found the lsuser & lsgroup commands but no associated man pages. I typed: lsuser I get --> Valid options are: -a So I typed: lsuser -a I get --> Valid options are: groups, home So I typed: lsuser -a groups I get -->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

users and groups

hi eveyone i've recently requested my unix admin to create a userid for 2 groups. He created the id and i can see it by grep "id" /etc/group. But when i login with that id into unix and try to cd that group it says permission denied. something like cd /groupname -- permission denied Can my admin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup of user groups and permissions

Hi folks, thanks for reading this. I have been asked to manage our company's SCO OpenServer 5 system since the old administrator left. I have a very basic knowledge of Unix, but only the basic commands - ls, ps, chmod, etc. This server holds thousands of programs (converted Basic programs,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: citygov
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Removing users from groups

How do I remove a user from a group? I'm using the usermod command but its not working. I have a user "abc" who is a member of the groups root and other. I'm trying to remove him from the group "other" (using CLI) which is his secondary group but it's not working. How do I do this? Is there any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple groups in directory / file permissions

Hi I need to permit one group to have r-x permissions on all files in a directory and another group to have just read access, im confused how to do this as if i set the 'Other' permission class as read access then all users will have access to them. So basically i have a directory which the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3y
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for to view all users & groups history in root

Dear All, I want to know all users & group history in one file, for root terminal through shell or any other option (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users in multiple groups?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! I have a question about adding users to multiple groups. Thanks in advance Using Red Hat and here are the issues: Example: Users: Bob Mark Groups: SystemsAnalysts BusinessAnalysts If I am adding a user Bob to both groups (SystemsAnalysts and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansokl
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating groups and users

Hi Could anyone please suggest how we can check in Linux if a user or a group name is already existing? In case of a user the command should also be able to specify the user with a given directory and shell. We can of course check this using a grep command but since that is just a pattern match,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dorothy
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make user groups and edit permissions?

OK guys and gals. I've been working on a debian system for a little bit, in hopes of making it into a system we can use for manifests and other things. I am very new to unix, particularly debian. I would like to make 2 or 3 different groups. 1 would be for me, and other people... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samee71
1 Replies
ODFBUILD(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      ODFBUILD(1p)

NAME
odfbuild - OpenDocument file creation utility SYNOPSIS
odfbuild filename.odt odfbuild filename.odt --title "My Document" --subject "Test" odfbuild filename.ods --class spreadsheet --source "data.csv" --tablesize "8x16" cat data.txt | odfbuild filename.odt - OPTIONS
--class Document class (text, spreadsheet, drawing, presentation) Default: text --opendocument (no value). If this option is on, the document will be in OpenDocument format. Without this option, the format will be selected according to the general configuration of the OpenOffice::OODoc installation. --creator The author of the document. Default: the current user's login name. --date Creation date. Default is current local time. If provided, must be in ISO-8601 format (YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS) --description The description (abstract) of the document. Default: none. --force (no value). If this option is on, any existing file with the same path as the target file will be replaced. Without this option, the program will fail if the target exists. --generator Software signature to be stored in the file (not visible for the end user). Default: "Genicorp OpenOffice::OODoc <version>" --keywords A list of comma-separated keywords. Default: none. --source A text file, to be used as the content of the document. If the document class is 'text', each line is loaded as a new paragraph with the standard style. If the document class is 'spreadsheet', the file is processed as CSV data and loaded in one sheet. If the document class is neither 'text' nor 'spreadsheet', the file is not processed. If source = '-', or if a '-' argument is provided, the data file is read through the standard input. --subject The subject of the document. Default: none. --tablename The name of the sheet to be created if the document class is 'spreadsheet' and if a data file is provided. Default: the name of the data file, or "Unnamed Sheet" if the data is read from the standard input. --tablesize The size of the sheet to be created if the document class is 'spreadsheet' and if a data file is provided, in 'HxW' format where H is the number of lines and W the number of columns. Default: '16x8' --title The title of the document. Default: "Untitled". --readable_XML (no value). For debugging only. If this option is on, the XML content of the target file is indented, in order to be later edited. perl v5.14.2 2008-05-07 ODFBUILD(1p)