Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX ANSI / C Compiler for HP-UX 11.11 Post 99141 by shawnbishop on Wednesday 15th of February 2006 04:12:44 AM
Old 02-15-2006
ANSI / C Compiler for HP-UX 11.11

Good Day

I downloaded Server Evaluation copy of C/ANSI compiler, but when I try to compile a file with it, it gives me following error - (for HP-UX 11.11 v1 PA-RISC)
Internal Error: Codeword file /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd missing or empty.

Detailed Errors are as follows
Internal Error: Codeword file(s) missing or empty.
> > Internal Error: Codeword file(s) missing or empty.
> > cc: 487: warning : Possibly incorrect message catalog.
> > Internal Error: Codeword file(s) missing or empty.
> > cob32: error(s) in C compilation: rts1serl.c
> > Rename rts1.SCR to rts1

I have followed the detailed installation instructions and put the 26 character license file in /opt/ansic/newconfig/ansic.cwd. With was no success.
I have tried to reinstall the application also with no results,I have generated 3 different evaluation licenses with the same results.
I have contacted HP Licensing with no joy.

Has anybody experienced the same problem and how did you fix it??

Kind Regards

Shawn

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Ansi C

Dear All, I have to develope some C functions in Unix for a Magic program. The original MSE code which compiles the attached C program uses a +z option, but the cc compiler don't know this. The complete command in the compiler script is 'cc -c -Aa +z myfile.c'. The warning message is 'The -z... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frankie
4 Replies

2. Programming

ANSI C vs POSIX

can somebody explain about the ANSI C vs POSIX. say i was using open and fopen, i know that open is POSIX, and fopen is ANSI C. i read that that POSIX is a system call and ANSI C is like a standard library function. wouldn't the fopen function has to call on open function anyway to open any kind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb00y
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ANSI C compiler on UNIX

Hi, I run into an error message like this (Bundled]) cc: "flat.c", line 350: error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI feature.' Also when trying to compile with -Aa or -Ae options I get (Bundled) cc:warning 480: The -A option is available only with the C/ANSI C product; ignored. Is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elenav
1 Replies

4. Programming

hint on ansi c

I am a student. And need help on following program. I want to make a c program. I have to scan a sentence and I have to interchange a word from that sentence. Example: Scan the sentence is " Drilling machine and Milling machine " . Replace the word "machine" by "operation". And output should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhaval chevli
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file from Unix - ANSI to PC - ANSI

Hi, I am creating a file in Unix using a shell script. The file is getting created in the Unix - ANSI format. My requirement is to convert it to the PC - ANSI format. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Sunil (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Unix_ANSI to PC-ANSI

I want to convert a file from Unix-ANSI to PC-ANSI format. How can i achieve that? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

7. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

8. Programming

why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C

I follow the description of wiki (Lamport's bakery algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), then implement that algorithm in C, but it doesn't work, Starving is still here, is the implementation worry? Only print out: Thread ID: 0 START! Thread ID: 0 END! Thread ID: 0 START!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

9. Programming

C fdopen with and without -ansi

I have very little experience with gcc compilation under different environments, so please bear with me. I carried over 20 years old project into Ubuntu 18.04, it has old style K&R parameters, no function declarations to speak of, many functions without return are not declared void, and on and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
8 Replies
cos(3M) 																   cos(3M)

NAME
cos(), cosf(), cosl(), cosw(), cosq() - cosine functions SYNOPSIS
HP Integrity Server Only DESCRIPTION
returns the cosine of x (x specified in radians). On PA-RISC systems, may lose accuracy when x is far from zero. is a version of it takes a argument and returns a result. Integrity Server Only is a version of it takes a argument and returns a result. is an version of it takes an argument and returns an result. is equivalent to on HP-UX systems. USAGE
To use these functions compile either with the default option or with the and the options. To use (for Integrity servers) or compile also with the option. To use any of these functions, make sure your program includes and link in the math library by specifying on the compiler or linker command line. For more information, see the at the following site: PA-RISC Only Millicode versions of the and functions are available. Millicode versions of math library functions are usually faster than their counter- parts in the standard library. To use these versions, compile your program with the or the optimization option. For special cases, the millicode versions return the same values as their standard library counterparts (see the section). RETURN VALUE
returns 1. If x returns NaN and raises the invalid exception. If x is NaN, returns NaN. When it raises no other exception, whether raises the inexact exception is unspecified. ERRORS
No errors are defined. SEE ALSO
acos(3M), asin(3M), atan(3M), atan2(3M), ccos(3M), cosd(3M), sin(3M), sincos(3M), tan(3M), math(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
: SVID3, XPG4.2, ANSI C, ISO/IEC C99 (including Annex F, ``IEC 60559 floating-point arithmetic'') : ISO/IEC C99 (including Annex F, ``IEC 60559 floating-point arithmetic'') cos(3M)