Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming using a filepointer in a diffrent program Post 99127 by bankpro on Wednesday 15th of February 2006 01:46:26 AM
Old 02-15-2006
using a filepointer in a diffrent program

Hi ALL :

consider the given 2 codes:

//p1.c
#include<stdio.h>
FILE * fp;
main()
{
pid_t pid;
fp=fopen("..........");
// now i am transfering the control to a new process(p2.c).
pid=fork();
if(pid==0)
execl(" p2".....);
}

//p2.c
extern FILE *fp;
main()
{
//here i want to write to a file using the file pointer which i declared
// in p1.c
fprintf(fp,"%s",.....);
}
how can i write this...
(or)

Actually , i want a file to be opened in a process(probably in an infinite
loop),and using that file pointer i want to perform another task in a diffrent
process i.e acess that file pointer in a different process and do a job.

any help will be thanked....

Last edited by bankpro; 02-15-2006 at 06:45 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diffrent versions of Unix/Linux

With so many diffrent flavors out there, how is a person soposed to know what to go with? I'm not asking for specific discussion here in this forum, but I would like to see various pages and articles dicsussing the pluses and minuses of various unix/linux OS's. I have been searching various... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MorderKartoffel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Diffrent IP range connectivity

Hi guys, We have different IP ranges in our LAN, for instance my system IP Add. is in 163.183.37.x range, in the meantime i wish to connect to our printer/plotter which is 163.183.4.x & our LAN in another location with 163.183.38.x. What shoul i do except defining pesudo IP Add's? as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reconstructing a record in a diffrent order

Can sed be used to take a existing record and reverse the order of defined character placement if there is no delimeters? existing record: 0123456789CO expected result: 9876543210CO if there were delimeters I could define the delimeter and each placement would have an id which I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r1500
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

diffrent results between command line and scripted grep

When I type a command at the command line it supplies one result and the exact same command in a script egrep '^01|^02|^03|^04' file > fileout count = 29353 same count in the script yields a count of 23492 is there any reason this could be happening. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r1500
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a sheel script to compare no of file on diffrent servers

i have serverA and serverB and i have a folder with same name an location in both servers.... Now i want to compare files in folder(serverA) with folder (serverB) if there are files missing in folderB then copy those files from folder(serverA) to folder(serverB) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashahzad
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

samba fileshare across 2 diffrent workgroup

Hi im trying to configure samba on linux server so win client can access the shared files but my win client is on diffrent domain , we recently changed our domain name but not for certain servers... i guess the samba linux server is still part of our sub domain which is why i still can access... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: halacil
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Diffrent output in cron jobs

Hi, I have issue with cron. When i run script manually output is fine but when i add it to cron output file is not as same. both file attach some junk charecter comming in cron output. thanx Jignesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmistry
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed diffrent replace by occurrence

I couldn't find the answer anywhere, so I hope you could help me. I need to change something like the following: something/bla/aaaa anything/bbb to: something --bla ----aaaa anything --bbb How do I do this? Is it possible with sed? I tried various patterns, but don't know how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patwan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy-pasted code behaves diffrent

Heyas I'm currently attempting to apply the code of tui-select to tui-list. That is because tui-list simply made a 1 string list, while tui-select uses dynamicly up to 3 strings per line. Anyway, so i copy pasted the code, and just made the changes marked with red.... Know that both scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to add field to diffrent file using shellscript? or awk

hi, would you help me? i have file total.csv "a","e23","f" "b,"34d","g" "c","45f","f" "d","45s","f" count.csv 3 i do this : paste -d',",' total.csv count.csv but the result like this: "a,"e23","f" 3 "b,"34d","g" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kivale
1 Replies
SETPGID(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							SETPGID(2)

NAME
setpgid, setpgrp -- set process group SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int setpgid(pid_t pid, pid_t pgrp); int setpgrp(pid_t pid, pid_t pgrp); DESCRIPTION
Setpgid() sets the process group of the specified process pid to the specified pgrp. If pid is zero, then the call applies to the current process. If the invoker is not the super-user, then the affected process must have the same effective user-id as the invoker or be a descendant of the invoking process. RETURN VALUES
Setpgid() returns 0 when the operation was successful. If the request failed, -1 is returned and the global variable errno indicates the reason. ERRORS
Setpgid() will fail and the process group will not be altered if: [EACCES] The value of the pid argument matches the process ID of a child process of the calling process, and the child process has successfully executed one of the exec functions. [EPERM] The effective user ID of the requested process is different from that of the caller and the process is not a descendant of the calling process. [ESRCH] The value of the pid argument does not match the process ID of the calling process or of a child process of the calling process. SEE ALSO
getpgrp(2) STANDARDS
The setpgid() function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-1988 (``POSIX.1''). COMPATIBILITY
Setpgrp() is identical to setpgid(), and is retained for calling convention compatibility with historical versions of BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution June 4, 1993 4th Berkeley Distribution