Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers insert text into a dinamic file Post 9888 by sunbird on Monday 5th of November 2001 09:58:49 AM
Old 11-05-2001
Thank you,
I finaly found the answer myself - I used the awk and printer '{print "e " $1}' to file. It workes preety good.
Thank you for your answer! Sunbird
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert text in the middle of a file

I want to insert a text into the middle of a file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: relle
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert text in the middle of a file

Hey guys, how do we take a line of text as an argument from a user and then insert it in the middle of a file irrespective of the number of lines in the file. I am trying to do this without SED or AWK. Inserting it in the beginning and at the end is easy, but i am trying to accomplish inserting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikkumar84@g
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert some constant text at beginig of each line within a text file.

Dear Folks :), I am new to UNIX scripting and I do not know how can I insert some text in the first column of a UNIX text file at command promtp. I can do this in vi editor by using this command :g/^/s//BBB_ e,g I have a file named as Test.dat and it containins below text: michal... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Afzal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert new text and change existing text in a file using SED

Hi all, I need to insert new text and change existing text in a file. For that I used the below line in the command line and got the expected output. sed '$a\ hi... ' shell > shell1 But I face problem when using the same in script. It is throwing the error as, sed: command garbled:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Text On file

Hi All, Can someone pls help me to insert some text on a file. my file contains something like below.. AKBULBU, BALUMIL, BATCH,BATCH BOARROB, BOTAKAT, C57896, CAKIOZE, CHECMER, CICOFRA, CISZPAW,2194485 I want output as USER_ID, LOGIN_ID (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text to file via ssh

I want to create a script that will set up key pairs from "thishost" to "remotehosts". I have a validate script in ~/<dir> that I need to prefix the generated key in the authorized_keys file, and I'm having to manually do this everytime. Here are my attemps, perhaps you could perfect them for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScannerDarkly
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert comma in a text file

Hi all, I have a text file and I need to insert comma after every 2 digit. -1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 0 0 0 -1-1-1 2 0 0 3 311-1 0 1 -1-1 021 0 011-1-1 033 0I'd like to have this: -1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1,-1, 0, 0, 0 -1,-1,-1, 2, 0, 0, 3, 3,11,-1, 0, 1 -1,-1, 0,21, 0, 0,11,-1,-1, 0,33, 0Thanks for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFire
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert value to db from text file

Hi, I have a single value in insertval file. I want to load that value to database with the current date. I tried the below code but it is inserting <NULL> to database and echo $c is also null. cat insertval | awk -F ' ' '{print $1}' > c echo c=$c data=`sqlplus -s user/pwd@hostname <<EOF ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text using a second file in Linux

How can i insert text at a particular line number or before/after a search pattern? The text i want to insert is of 8-10 lines including new line characters. I have stored this text in a separate file. I know i can use sed '{/pattern/|/regexp/|n}{i|a|c}<text to be inserted>' file But i want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhitanshu
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text within a file?

Hi, I am trying to check for missing dates in a file and would want to insert the missing date into the file. Currently the script is as below #!/bin/ksh dates="dates" cat ${dates} | grep -v "^#" curr_month=`date '+%m` curr_day=`date '+%d` curr_year=`date '+%Y` #curr_month=02... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies
print(3NCURSES) 														   print(3NCURSES)

NAME
mcprint - ship binary data to printer SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int mcprint(char *data, int len); DESCRIPTION
This function uses the mc5p or mc4 and mc5 capabilities, if they are present, to ship given data to a printer attached to the terminal. Note that the mcprint code has no way to do flow control with the printer or to know how much buffering it has. Your application is responsible for keeping the rate of writes to the printer below its continuous throughput rate (typically about half of its nominal cps rating). Dot-matrix printers and 6-page-per-minute lasers can typically handle 80cps, so a good conservative rule of thumb is to sleep for a second after shipping each 80-character line. RETURN VALUE
The mcprint function returns ERR if the write operation aborted for some reason. In this case, errno will contain either an error associ- ated with write(2) or one of the following: ENODEV Capabilities for printer redirection do not exist. ENOMEM Couldn't allocate sufficient memory to buffer the printer write. When mcprint succeeds, it returns the number of characters actually sent to the printer. PORTABILITY
The mcprint call was designed for ncurses(3NCURSES), and is not found in SVr4 curses, 4.4BSD curses, or any other previous version of curses. BUGS
Padding in the mc5p, mc4 and mc5 capabilities will not be interpreted. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES) print(3NCURSES)