Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming creating object files in a specific directory Post 98853 by svh on Sunday 12th of February 2006 11:35:23 AM
Old 02-12-2006
creating object files in a specific directory

hello,

i have a makefile in which i am specifying the option for creating the object files of the source files.

The option which i am using is this :

gcc -c main.c first.c

by default these object files are created in the same directory in which the makefile is present.

what option should i give if i want to specify a particular directory for the object files to be stored.

thanx in advance
svh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract tar files without creating directory

I received a tar file of a directory with 50,000 files in it. Is it possible to extract the files in the tar file without first creating the directory? ie. Doing tar -xvf filename.tar extracts as follows: x directory/file1.txt x directory/file2.txt . . . I would like to avoid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating date directory and moving files into that directory

I have list of files named file_username_051208_025233.log. Here 051208 is the date and 025233 is the time.I have to run thousands of files daily.I want to put all the files depending on the date of running into a date directory.Suppose if we run files today they should put into 05:Dec:08... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi030
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating large number of files of specific size

Hi I am new to shell scripting.I want to create a batch file which creates a desired number of files with a specific size say 1MB each to consume space.How can i go about it using for loop /any other loop condition using shell script? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swatideswal
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating CLOB object in unix

Hi All, I have a big file (basically .log file) want to store in oracle database. Please help me in preparing CLOB object in unix. The log file is stored in some location on unix file server, prepare clob of that file and store in DB. Any sample code or link Thanks Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurence of a specific word

Hello, I have several files in a specific directory. A specific string in one file can occur in another files. If this string is in other files. Then all the files in which this string occured should be deleted and only 1 file should remain with the string. Example. file1 ShortName "Blue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: premier_de
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a file to count how many files in the directory

hello there i want to creat a file that count how many files i have in the directory. for this i use the command find . -type f | wc -l > 1In1.myfile the problem with this command is that it not update after i add a new file in the directory. Anyone got any ideas how i can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntiPin
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a list of files in directory?

Hi All, I would like to do a loop on all the files with extension .out in my directory this files should be sorted alphabetically. Then I need to assign to each of them a progressive ID of three digits (maybe in HEX format?). First I tried to list manually the files as ARRAY=( A-001.out ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating directory with specific size?

Hello world, I just learnt we can create a directory with custom size in a Linux server (say Redhat). Is it true? I'm asking because the only data (I can think of) a directory's inode holds is the files and 'sub-dir's. How can a new empty directory be of some required size? :wall: PS : In... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help creating gzip of directory files via cron

**BTW- very new to scripting** I have created a shell script to gzip the public_html files on our website. I have tested this script on another directory on our site and it worked, but when I replaced the directory with the public_html directory it failed. I am executing this script via a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alblue
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurrence of a specific word

he following are the files available in my directory RSK_123_20141113_031500.txt RSK_123_20141113_081500.txt RSK_126_20141113_041500.txt RSK_126_20141113_081800.txt RSK_128_20141113_091600.txt Here, "RSK" is file prefix and 123 is a code name and rest is just timestamp of the file when its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kridhick
7 Replies
PERLCE(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 PERLCE(1)

Name
       Perl for WinCE

Description
       This file gives the instructions for building Perl5.6 and above for WinCE.  Please read and understand the terms under which this software
       is distributed.

Build
       This section describes the steps to be performed to build PerlCE.

Tools & SDK

For compiling, you need Microsoft Embedded Visual Tools, my celib-sources, my console-sources and a perl for win32.

Needed source files can be downloaded via: www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/dirlist.html

Some portions of the makefile need a shell for win32, rm, cp, mv, xmkdir (mkdir with a -p option).  It also uses my cecopy program for
       copying files to the ce device.

Make

Miniperl is not built. A pre-existent win32 perl is used.

The paths for tools and additional libraries have to be changed in wince/makefile.ce.

Different ce targets can be specified with the TARGET macro.

Before you start, you need to build celib.dll and w32console.  See instructions in these packages for building.

In the wince directory, type "nmake -f makefile.ce". This should build perl.exe and perl.dll. For building extension dlls, type "nmake -f
       makefile.ce dlls"

When building ext dlls, you get lots of macro redefinition errors. Just ignore them.

For further information, look in the text files in the wince sub-directory.

Acknowledgements
       The port for Win32 was used as a reference.

Author
       Rainer Keuchel (keuchel@netwave.de)

perl v5.8.0							    2003-02-18								 PERLCE(1)