Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to connect Solaris 10 to the internet ?! Post 98844 by Perderabo on Sunday 12th of February 2006 02:41:09 AM
Old 02-12-2006
The output from netstat was truncated. You need a window 100 characters wide. But the important fields were there and it looks good. Can you ping that default router? If so, I would suspect your linksys thing. Does it need a setting to let you out?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 - Connect to internet

I have an ultra 10.. running solaris 9 - and have a dsl internet connection that I currently use for my windows pc's through a router. I have connected the ultra 10 to the router - and the router has assigned me an ip through dhcp.. and I can connect to the other pc's on my network and they can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to connect to internet on Solaris 10

Hi, I am new to Solaris just migrating from Windows XP. I want to connect to internet but I have problem with configuration. My ISP has provided me a router.I get internet connection through DHCP. I don't know any proxy or subnetmask or any IP address that requires during configuration of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pappu2008
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to connect to Internet

Hi I installed solaris developer edition 1/08 today.I want to connect to Broadband internet through my ADSL 2+ Modem/Router with a username and password. plz help in this case,I am new to sun solaris:confused: the modem itself is a router it worked well on ubuntu and red hat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santugvd
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to connect internet in solaris???

Hi !!!! i am very new in solaris. at present i am using windows XP for internet connection. ISP has given me user name and password for connecting to the internet. it is a brodband DSL connection. but i am unable to connect to the internet in solaris. i am using one static ip given by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi, Iam using BSNL broad band connection and i have installed two OS Xp & Sun solaris -x86 on my machine.Iam able to use INTERNET on windows Xp but not able to do it on solaris x86. I have tried using DHCP concept as well as sys-unconfig command in solaris but no results. When i use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't connect to Internet

Dear freinds... I downloaded solaris for x86 and was able to configure the lan correctly.. I can ping and share with other destops through lan... but still I can't connect to internet ? can you please help.. I put my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1 to /etc/defaultrouter but with no use..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
13 Replies

9. Solaris

connect to internet on solaris 9

how to configure to connect to internet on solaris 9 ? please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to connect internet to my Solaris 10 OS

Hiii, My soalris 10 OS is running on VM ware. I have internet to my windows7 OS, can someone please help me to get connected my internet connection to my Solaris OS which is running on VMware. thanks & regards, Bhagi. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies
WCSNCASECMP(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						    WCSNCASECMP(3)

NAME
wcsncasecmp - compare two fixed-size wide-character strings, ignoring case SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> int wcsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, size_t n); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): wcsncasecmp(): Since glibc 2.10: _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 700 || _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200809L Before glibc 2.10: _GNU_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
The wcsncasecmp() function is the wide-character equivalent of the strncasecmp(3) function. It compares the wide-character string pointed to by s1 and the wide-character string pointed to by s2, but at most n wide characters from each string, ignoring case differences (towup- per(3), towlower(3)). RETURN VALUE
The wcsncasecmp() function returns zero if the wide-character strings at s1 and s2, truncated to at most length n, are equal except for case distinctions. It returns a positive integer if truncated s1 is greater than truncated s2, ignoring case. It returns a negative inte- ger if truncated s1 is smaller than truncated s2, ignoring case. VERSIONS
The wcsncasecmp() function is provided in glibc since version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2008. This function is not specified in POSIX.1-2001, and is not widely available on other systems. NOTES
The behavior of wcsncasecmp() depends on the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale. SEE ALSO
strncasecmp(3), wcsncmp(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2010-09-15 WCSNCASECMP(3)