Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 2 cases !!! plz advise
Operating Systems Solaris 2 cases !!! plz advise Post 98836 by mduweik on Sunday 12th of February 2006 01:02:16 AM
Old 02-12-2006
Pressy ,

since E3500 cant read the DVD (which hold the patches) , i FTP the patch cluster to the server then

bunzip2 10_RECOM.BZ2 ==> this is the command i use to unzip the file at 1st

the out put of the command is :

bunzip2: Can't guess original name for 10_RECOM.BZ2 -- using 10_RECOM.BZ2.out

and then

i find this file in the patches directory

-rw------- 1 root root 221167616 Feb 12 08:59 10_RECOM.BZ2.out

is this enough information ?

P.S. my X window client (Exceed) still cant detect my server Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirected output not going to file for all cases

I have to confirm that an engine was not able to run. In the output below you see that it indeed got errors, but it didn't send those messages to the output file. When I run the same thing with a different executable it works. So does this mean something in the executable could cause it not to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: brdholman
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

test cases

in my organisation the unix server is migrated.the ip of the server changed and the hardware.i need to test that i am aving the same file structure and data which is created under my user id.and the utilities like sqlplus,ftp are working or not.i am talking abt the general user perspective who... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string with different cases

Hi Guys, I am using the following command in a script. cat $sql_file_path"/"${sql_file_list} | grep "ABCDE" but it returns only exactly matching lines (ABCDE) how can i modify this single line so it will return if it finds a matching string with any case. eg: Abcde, abCDe, abcdeE,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mwrg
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract match cases

hi guys i have a file like this which is contain more than 3000 records i want to extract emails have Creation Date: : Wed, 14 Aug 2009 and their POP3 Last Login Date and WebMail Last Login Date is Thu, 01 Jan 1970 how can i could do that for example in this sample i need... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhs
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep strings for different cases

Hi All, Good morning I have a below code which is working & getting expected output. the problem in this code is it is executing 3 if conditions, my requirement is suppose if first condition is success then it should print echo statement & exit from if condition else if the 1st if condition... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split string in someinteresting cases?

I have a variable var=safe_alloc_TBA_details_TXXXXXX_YYYYMMDDhhmmss.csv I want to get a part safe_alloc_TBA_details_T If I do : PR=`echo "$var" | awk -F'_' '{for (i=1; i<NF; i++) printf("%s_", $i)}'` Then echo "$PR = safe_alloc_TBA_details_" How can I cut the string so that get it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
CRM_DIFF(8)							  [FIXME: manual]						       CRM_DIFF(8)

NAME
crm_diff - identify changes to the cluster configuration and apply patches to the configuration files SYNOPSIS
crm_diff [-?|-V] [-o filename] [-O string] [-p filename] [-n filename] [-N string] DESCRIPTION
The crm_diff command assists in creating and applying XML patches. This can be useful for visualizing the changes between two versions of the cluster configuration or saving changes so they can be applied at a later time using cibadmin. OPTIONS
--help, -? Print a help message. --original filename, -o filename Specify the original file against which to diff or apply patches. --new filename, -n filename Specify the name of the new file. --original-string string, -O string Specify the original string against which to diff or apply patches. --new-string string, -N string Specify the new string. --patch filename, -p filename Apply a patch to the original XML. Always use with -o. --cib, -c Compare or patch the inputs as a CIB. Always specify the base version with -o and provide either the patch file or the second version with -p or -n, respectively. --stdin, -s Read the inputs from stdin. EXAMPLES
Use crm_diff to determine the differences between various CIB configuration files and to create patches. By means of patches, easily reuse configuration parts without having to use the cibadmin command on every single one of them. 1. Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: cibadmin -Q > cib1.xml cibadmin -Q > cib2.xml 2. Determine whether to diff the entire files against each other or compare just a subset of the configurations. 3. To print the difference between the files to stdout, use the following command: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -n cib2.xml 4. To print the difference between the files to a file and create a patch, use the following command: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -n cib2.xml > patch.xml 5. Apply the patch to the original file: crm_diff -o cib1.xml -p patch.xml FILES
/var/lib/heartbeat/crm/cib.xml--the CIB (minus status section) on disk. Editing this file directly is strongly discouraged. SEE ALSO
??? AUTHOR
crm_diff was written by Andrew Beekhof. [FIXME: source] 07/05/2010 CRM_DIFF(8)