Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C compiler problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers C compiler problem Post 9875 by rwb1959 on Monday 5th of November 2001 08:38:36 AM
Old 11-05-2001
I have 2 suggestions...

1. contact the compiler manufacturer for support
2. get the GNU C/C++ compiler instaed. It's free.

You can get the latest version of gcc from...
http://www.sunfreeware.com/

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compiler....

:confused: How to do Compiler a .so with oracle9 libs? I have my file -> oracobo.pc my .so is called by Cobol App. -> Runcobol (I don't have source). Which is the statement of cc compiler? It's Right : proc oracobo.pc cc -O -q32 -DDYNAMIC_LIBRARIES_SUPPORTED... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycs
0 Replies

2. Programming

c compiler

What can I do if my unix didn't come with cc or gcc. there must be a place to get those programs. Just not where i can find them:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hector
3 Replies

3. Programming

C compiler

I'm new to C but eager to get started. I purchasewd beginning C by Ivor Horton and realise that I need a C compiler. I looking for the most appropriate and economical way to obtain this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferret
5 Replies

4. Solaris

C compiler

Hello Everyone!!! Can i use the C shell to compile a C program ? how ? please teach me how to compile ? Thanks!!!! Giancarlo D. Jabon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

6. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

7. Solaris

C Compiler

Greetings, :rolleyes: :o :confused: I am working on Solaris 8. I have a few questions: 1. How do I determine if I have the CC compiler? I know it isn't in my $PATH, so how do I find it? 2. How do you install wget? I have read the INSTALL file, but I am not familar with the switches,... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roam
25 Replies

8. Solaris

cc compiler problem

trying to compile a program, first issue was could not find cc so i added /usr/ucb to my PATH now I get: /usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed anyone have any ideas? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies
INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm)

TITLE
Language::INTERCAL::Bytecode - intermediate language DESCRIPTION
The CLC-INTERCAL compiler works by producing bytecode from the program source; this bytecode can be interpreted to execute the program immediately; alternatively, a backend can produce something else from the bytecode, for example C or Perl source code which can then be compiled to your computer's native object format. The compiler itself is just some more bytecode. Thus, to produce the compiler you need a compiler compiler, and to produce that you need a compiler compiler compiler; to produce the latter you would need a compiler compiler compiler compiler, and so on to infinity. To simplify the programmer's life (eh?), the compiler compiler is able to compile itself, and is therefore identical to the compiler compiler compiler (etcetera). The programmer can start the process because a pre-compiled compiler compiler, in the form of bytecode, is provided with the CLC-INTERCAL distribution; this compiler compiler then is able to compile all other compilers, as well as to rebuild itself if need be. See the online manual or the HTML documentation included with the distribution for more information about this. SEE ALSO
A qualified psychiatrist AUTHOR
Claudio Calvelli - intercal (whirlpool) sdf.lonestar.org (Please include the word INTERLEAVING in the subject when emailing that address, or the email may be ignored) perl v5.8.8 2008-03-29 INTERCAL::ByteCode(3pm)