Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sms using mailx
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sms using mailx Post 98686 by csaha on Friday 10th of February 2006 02:27:05 AM
Old 02-10-2006
Buddy

Just call your mobile customer service and ask them about the same, they will be able to tell you whether its enabled or not. Some service providers asks to pay some monthly rental to get the service enabled.

Hope this helps ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sms

Hi all !!! Is there a way to send sms to a mobile from unix. lets say when script ends. thanks alot !! udi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udi
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SMS from Perl?

What exactly does the SMS module do i Perl? Can you send free sms messages from Perl ???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

sms application

actually i need this sms application ,to gain some knowledge in linux platform. if possible post to (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parvathy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending SMS

Hi, Can any one tell me how to send SMS using Unix shell scripting. My scenario is whenever my count on particular tables exceeds beyond certain limit i need to trigger out an sms to the client. It could be better if there is no third party tools involved in it. Thanks in advance... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarojadevi
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail and SMS

Hi friends, I have a question related to UNIX mail issue. Let me explain the scenario. I am working in HP UNIX system and we are having some shell scripts those are already scheduled. Whenever the scripts are failed to run. I got an auto generated mail from UNIX administrator. To read the mail I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
4 Replies

7. Solaris

sms alerts

how to configure sms alerts in SUN SPARC servers to notify file system , cpu, memory and disk errors. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani.madiraju
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with SMS script...

I use the SMS script on this page: http://www.prescriptionpc.com/TEST_newpage1.html#section=sms The “functions” work fine, but after clicking “submit” and receiving the “thank you” message, nothing happens. I find it odd that I can send a text message to myself choosing my carrier (Virgin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruce1969
0 Replies
SERVICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SERVICE(8)

NAME
service -- control (start/stop/etc.) or list system services SYNOPSIS
service -e service -R service [-v] -l | -r service [-v] <rc.d script> start|stop|etc. DESCRIPTION
The service command is an easy interface to the rc.d system. Its primary purpose is to start and stop services provided by the rc.d scripts. When used for this purpose it will set the same restricted environment that is in use at boot time (see below). It can also be used to list the scripts using various criteria. The options are as follows: -e List services that are enabled. The list of scripts to check is compiled using rcorder(8) the same way that it is done in rc(8), then that list of scripts is checked for an "rcvar" assignment. If present the script is checked to see if it is enabled. -R Restart all enabled local services. -l List all files in /etc/rc.d and the local startup directories. As described in rc.conf(5) this is usually /usr/local/etc/rc.d. All files will be listed whether they are an actual rc.d script or not. -r Generate the rcorder(8) as in -e above, but list all of the files, not just what is enabled. -v Be slightly more verbose ENVIRONMENT
When used to run rc.d scripts the service command sets HOME to / and PATH to /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin which is how they are set in /etc/rc at boot time. EXIT STATUS
The service utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of typical usage of the service command: service named status service -rv The following programmable completion entry can be use in bash(1) for the names of the rc.d scripts: _service () { local cur cur=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} COMPREPLY=( $( compgen -W '$( service -l )' -- $cur ) ) return 0 } complete -F _service service SEE ALSO
bash(1) (ports/shells/bash), rc.conf(5), rc(8), rcorder(8) HISTORY
The service utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Douglas Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 11, 2012 BSD