Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parsing a string into variable Post 98610 by Anubhav on Thursday 9th of February 2006 12:03:43 PM
Old 02-09-2006
*oops I meant parameters r passed by user and r not fixed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a variable string

Hi all, I have a problem surfacing and I hope you all could help. What I have to do is take a input file and fill out a fax template from that file. The biggest problem I found was I have to parse the string "//FAX(faxnumber=555-5555;style="style1"; and on and on. The string can be in any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pageld
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on parsing string

String example: /vmfs/volumes/46000471-71d7c414-8f74-0013210cddc3/gistst/gistst.vmx What I would like to do is create a variable and save gistst in it. I thought if I could create an array and split it by '/' then I could use the 4th array element or if they was a way to do a... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnacrazy
13 Replies

3. Programming

parsing string in c

how can i remove the special characters hi iam print the string variable . suppse: while(str!=NULL) printf("******* %s ********** %d ",str,strlen(str)); output as: ****srinu ******** 5 **** phani******** 63 ****srinu ******** 5 **** phani******** 63 so my problem is how can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a variable

Hi, I want to get an input from user and parse the input. The legal characters allowed in the input are alnum(a-zA-Z0-0), . , - Also the first and las characters must be alnum only. e.g if the input is abc.ghh-sok.com then the script should return correct, and if the input is like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_rohit7
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String-parsing!

I need the perl solution for the following : $string="I LOVE INDIA" now, in a new string i need the first character of each word... that is string2 should be "ILN". (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing String

Hi, I am trying to do the following in Linux: I have some text as follows: /home/user/backup/scripts/SDW/sql/backup.sql which needs to be parsed: to pick up "backup" So, pick up text after the last '/' until '.' from a string. Can someone please tell me how can I do that? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinksys
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing a variable

Can someone help me? I have been looking in the archives as I am sure this is very simple to do, but I do not know. I have a variable which sometimes contains a file name and sometimes contains a fully qualified file name. I want to be able to separate the directory from the file name into 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone, I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email. Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string. GetRyt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if string variable is a subset of another string variable

Below is my ksh shell script where I need to check if variable fileprops is a subset of $1 argument. echo "FILE PROPERTY: $fileprops" echo "PARAMETER3: $1" if ; then echo "We are Good. $line FILE is found to be INTACT !! " else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
fixed(3alleg4)							  Allegro manual						    fixed(3alleg4)

NAME
fixed - Fixed point integer to replace floats. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> typedef long fixed DESCRIPTION
This is a fixed point integer which can replace float with similar results and is faster than float on low end machines. Read chapter "Fixed point math routines" for the full explanation. SEE ALSO
, ex12bit(3alleg4), ex3buf(3alleg4), ex3d(3alleg4), excustom(3alleg4), exfixed(3alleg4), exrotscl(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4), exsprite(3alleg4), exstars(3alleg4), exupdate(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixed(3alleg4)