Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reg files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting reg files Post 98560 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 9th of February 2006 08:12:58 AM
Old 02-09-2006
check for these,

is the join query that you use make use of the indexed columns
if so, check if the index had been disabled or corrupted
even if indexing is fine, check for the indexing method (that could have been changed ...)
logical logs (informix) and redo logs (oracle) availability to backup data to the disk

Apart from that what are the other DML operations that you have on the table(s)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Reg. Expression

I need help with this: Can any one tell me what does these below mean: 1. "\(.\).*") != '/' 2. sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' 3. sed "s+${f}/+ + Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg : binary files

HI Friends, My actual requirement is to find out the binary files except txt/gif from parent and subdirectories. so,i have to write unix shell script. Any one please suggest me on this how to write script for this or any other alternate way is there to find out. Thanks & Regards, Srujana (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: srujana
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reg: delete older files from ftp

Hi, I want to delete older files from ftp server. (files which are more than 5 days old). Please advice Thanks , sam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg: Gzip

Hi , I want gzip a folder te55 which has got 3 files test1.test2,test3 the name of the gzipped folder should be te55.gz with the 3 files as test1,test2,test3 itself... Is it possible... thanks in advance sam (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a help reg -d in shell

hi, I am using this to get previous month `date -d"1 month ago" "+%m"` But will it work for january?..will it return 12? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanathi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression For

HI system.sysUpTime.0 : Timeticks: (1519411311) 175 days, 20:35:13.11 From the above output i need only 175days in a perl script.. Please Help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reg chown

hi i wrote a script to run 'C' executable which will create a new file, after that util is completed, i have to change the file ownership to some other user. for that i used "chown" for changing the file permission in Korn script :confused:but it is throwing error is "operation... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilayans
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Reg: ZONES

HI Friends, What is the min. Requirement to install Solaris ZONEs, i am using INTEL PC at home and i allready installed Solaris 10 can i configure ZONES in it, and i want to know the basic information of ZONES. Thanks in Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
3 Replies

9. Solaris

doubt reg time stamp in files.

I copied a file from one host to another using sftp. But after copying the time stamp is not updating . Even though I checked the permission, it looks good. I copied the same file to some temporary location, there it updating the time stamp. Anyone have any idea on this (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
6 Replies

10. AIX

reg DS_LVZ

HI in a vg i want to display the lv name & whether the LV is enabled with DS_LVZ parameter? I used #lsvg -o | grep vgname | lsvg -il this gives the output of lv's in the vg. buti treid with lsvg -o | grep vgname| lsvg -il | egrep "LOGICAL VOLUME|DS_LVZ" but No... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balumurugesh
5 Replies
CLUSTER(7)							   SQL Commands 							CLUSTER(7)

NAME
CLUSTER - cluster a table according to an index SYNOPSIS
CLUSTER indexname ON tablename INPUTS indexname The name of an index. table The name (possibly schema-qualified) of a table. OUTPUTS CLUSTER The clustering was done successfully. DESCRIPTION
CLUSTER instructs PostgreSQL to cluster the table specified by table based on the index specified by indexname. The index must already have been defined on tablename. When a table is clustered, it is physically reordered based on the index information. Clustering is a one-time operation: when the table is subsequently updated, the changes are not clustered. That is, no attempt is made to store new or updated tuples according to their index order. If one wishes, one can periodically re-cluster by issuing the command again. NOTES In cases where you are accessing single rows randomly within a table, the actual order of the data in the heap table is unimportant. How- ever, if you tend to access some data more than others, and there is an index that groups them together, you will benefit from using CLUS- TER. Another place where CLUSTER is helpful is in cases where you use an index to pull out several rows from a table. If you are requesting a range of indexed values from a table, or a single indexed value that has multiple rows that match, CLUSTER will help because once the index identifies the heap page for the first row that matches, all other rows that match are probably already on the same heap page, saving disk accesses and speeding up the query. During the cluster operation, a temporary copy of the table is created that contains the table data in the index order. Temporary copies of each index on the table are created as well. Therefore, you need free space on disk at least equal to the sum of the table size and the index sizes. CLUSTER preserves GRANT, inheritance, index, foreign key, and other ancillary information about the table. Because the optimizer records statistics about the ordering of tables, it is advisable to run ANALYZE on the newly clustered table. Other- wise, the optimizer may make poor choices of query plans. There is another way to cluster data. The CLUSTER command reorders the original table using the ordering of the index you specify. This can be slow on large tables because the rows are fetched from the heap in index order, and if the heap table is unordered, the entries are on random pages, so there is one disk page retrieved for every row moved. (PostgreSQL has a cache, but the majority of a big table will not fit in the cache.) The other way to cluster a table is to use SELECT columnlist INTO TABLE newtable FROM table ORDER BY columnlist which uses the PostgreSQL sorting code in the ORDER BY clause to create the desired order; this is usually much faster than an index scan for unordered data. You then drop the old table, use ALTER TABLE...RENAME to rename newtable to the old name, and recreate the table's indexes. However, this approach does not preserve OIDs, constraints, foreign key relationships, granted privileges, and other ancillary properties of the table --- all such items must be manually recreated. USAGE
Cluster the employees relation on the basis of its ID attribute: CLUSTER emp_ind ON emp; COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 There is no CLUSTER statement in SQL92. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 CLUSTER(7)