Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to change the MAC adress in ethernet adapter for SUN Post 98479 by RTM on Wednesday 8th of February 2006 12:46:40 PM
Old 02-08-2006
If you are trying to change the MAC address on a qfe card to use it's internal instead of the host's - set local-mac-address? to 'true' at the ok prompt or at command line with eeprom (don't recall but I believe you would need to reboot or possibly just replumb)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAC-Adress

Hello I need to show my MAC-Adress on a Unix System, is there someone that know how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkochr
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Ethernet Adapter Question

I have a Dual Boot system - XP with Solaris 10. I built the system from the ground up with different components and the Ethernet Card built into the Motherboard is a Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 T-base, RJ-45 Copper. I am unable to go to the Web as the Ethernet Card is still not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tubbyrana
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to install ethernet adapter on Sun Sparc M4000

hi all, How to install onboard ethernet card on Sun SPARC M4000 server? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
3 Replies

4. AIX

Temporarily disabling unused ethernet adapter

Hi, In our AIX 5.2 server , we have one unused ethernet adapter which doesn't have cable connection . For this interface , we are getting alerts in errpt . Could you suggesthow to stop this alert ? And sametime i would like to keep this device in ODM . Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekarsamy
1 Replies

5. AIX

Setting up an Integrated Virtual Ethernet adapter

All I am trying allocate an IVE to an LPAR (not a VIO) running AIX 7.1. I am getting the error: HSCL068A Explanation Logical port can not be assigned to Logical Partition because this Logical Partition is not the promiscuous LPAR for the physical port. Has anyone encountered this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Ethernet Adapter not detected.

Hi, I have installed Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 in my PC. After the installation the Ethernet Card is not got detected. But I could able to get the details using the command lspci -a: 01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (rev b0). But I could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
4 Replies

7. Hardware

Need Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter CD or ixge driver

Hi, Does anybody have a "Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet Adapter installation CD" or driver ixge for Sun 10-Gigabit Ethernet PCI-X adapter? I need it but can't find it anywhere. So if you know where I can download it or purchase it, please let me know. (Already tried Oracle's website, don't have it) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lhao
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Qlogic 10G Ethernet adapter not working

Hi Community, i have one issue with 10 fiber ethernet adapter. here is my details: root@new-bpel.example.com #dladm show-dev bge0 link: unknown speed: 0 Mbps duplex: unknown bge1 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full qlge2 link:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Red Hat 7 cannot recognize ethernet adapter

Hello community, I have a Proliant HP DL380P with the following network adapters: NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 331FLR Adapter) 82580 Gigabit Network Connection (NC365T 4-port Ethernet Server Adapter) I installed Red Hat 7.2 but it recognizes only the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
9 Replies
HME(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    HME(4)

NAME
hme -- Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ Ethernet interfaces device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device hme Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_hme_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The hme driver supports Sun Microelectronics STP2002-STQ ``Happy Meal Ethernet'' Fast Ethernet interfaces. All controllers supported by the hme driver have TCP checksum offload capability for both receive and transmit, support for the reception and transmission of extended frames for vlan(4) and a 128-bit multicast hash filter. HARDWARE
The hme driver supports the on-board Ethernet interfaces of many Sun UltraSPARC workstation and server models. Cards supported by the hme driver include: o Sun PCI SunSwift Adapter (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus SunSwift Adapter (``hme'' and ``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Sun100BaseT Adapter 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun SBus Sun100BaseT 2.0 (``SUNW,hme'') o Sun PCI Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') o Sun SBus Quad FastEthernet Controller (``SUNW,qfe'') NOTES
On sparc64 the hme driver respects the local-mac-address? system configuration variable which can be set in the Open Firmware boot monitor using the setenv command or by eeprom(8). If set to ``false'' (the default), the hme driver will use the system's default MAC address for all of its devices. If set to ``true'', the unique MAC address of each interface is used if present rather than the system's default MAC address. Supported interfaces having their own MAC address include on-board versions on boards equipped with more than one Ethernet interface and all add-on cards except the single-port SBus versions. SEE ALSO
altq(4), intro(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), vlan(4), eeprom(8), ifconfig(8) Sun Microelectronics, STP2002QFP Fast Ethernet, Parallel Port, SCSI (FEPS) User's Guide, April 1996, http://mediacast.sun.com/users/Barton808/media/STP2002QFP-FEPs_UG.pdf. HISTORY
The hme driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. The first FreeBSD version to include it was FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The hme driver was written by Paul Kranenburg <pk@NetBSD.org>. BSD
June 14, 2009 BSD