Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with DiskSuite replicas Post 98449 by bonovox on Wednesday 8th of February 2006 09:15:34 AM
Old 02-08-2006
Lightbulb Problem with DiskSuite replicas

Good morning,
I have Solstice disk suite installed on my server.
One disk broke so I sostitute it.
A replica was present on this disk.
I had delete and then recreate it with commands metadb -d and metadb -a.
Now when I inquire for the status of replicas I see this:

stp11# metadb -i
flags first blk block count
a m p luo 16 1034 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5
a u 16 1034 /dev/dsk/c1t9d0s3
a p luo 16 1034 /dev/dsk/c1t11d0s0

Replica of slice c1t9d0s3 has't "l" and "0" attributes like others.
I still tried to delete and recreate it but nothing.
Anyone knows how I can do for having attributes "luo" also for this replica?

Thanks

Christian

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SDS and replicas

Hello, We are using Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris 2.7. We want to add two striped volume with six disks. On each disk, we take a slice and we create the stripe. That I want to know : Is it necessary to add two replicas on the same slice on the new disks, as made before on the others... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: christophe
1 Replies

2. Solaris

insufficient metadevice database replicas ERROR

First I would like to thank this forum for assisting me in setting up my 1st sunbox. Could not have done it if it had not been for you guys and google :D I have mirrored my box and have SUCCESSFULLY tested booting from the rootdisk and rootmirror successfully. I am now looking at configuring... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solstice DiskSuite

Has anybody every used Solstice DiskSuite? I am having trouble setting it up. I installed it without a problem, but do I really have to blow away the drives on the D1000 just to create a metastate database? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disksuite and raidctl used together

I have a live Sunfire v440 server with 4 drives and I want to mirror drive 0 & 1 to 2 & 3. The on-board raid controller only allows for 1 live mirror. I was thinking of disksuite, but unfortunately the second disk is just one large partition with no free slices. I was thinking of using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

5. Solaris

mirroring with disksuite

hi all, i want to mirror two disks with disksuite under solaris 9 , doses smeone can explain me Briefly the essential steps to do that plz ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
3 Replies

6. Solaris

disksuite mirroring d0 to d2 and d1 to d3

I have a SOlaris 10 v240 server. I'm installing disksuite to mirror the root drive D0 to D2. I also have one partition on disk 1 that I want to mirror to D3. I am not using ZFS right now. Can I add that to my initial mirroring configuration or can I only mirror 1 drive to 1 drive? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

7. Solaris

metadevices: how to test metadb (how to corrupt replicas/understanding replicas)

Hi all, I recently started exploring Solaris 10. I am testing metadevices now. I have been reading about the state databases here: 6.State Database (Overview) (Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide) - Sun Microsystems So I created 3 metadbs on 2 slices (6 in total; c1t1d0s3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Disksuite question

Hello all, I have a Solaris Disksuite question :- I will be adding 4 new drives to an E250 server and need will be configuring 2 striped volumes each consisting 2 new disks with SVM. In the end i will have 2 volumes each of 72gb. So in effect i will have 1 volume called D7 and another volume... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: commandline
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Volume Manger - Database Replicas Question - Benefits of Increasing Default Size?

Hey all! I was hoping someone knew anything about this one... I know with Solaris Volume Manager the default Database Replica size is 8192 blocks (4MB approximately) Now I know you can increase this amount but is there any point? The reason I am asking this is that I've setup mirroring on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
2 Replies

10. Solaris

zfs raidz2 - insufficient replicas

I lost my system volume in a power outage, but fortunately I had a dual boot and I could boot into an older opensolaris version and my raidz2 7 drive pool was still fine. I even scrubbed it, no errors. However, the older os has some smb problems so I wanted to upgrade to opensolaris11. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skk
3 Replies
mddb.cf(4)							   File Formats 							mddb.cf(4)

NAME
mddb.cf - metadevice state database replica locations SYNOPSIS
/etc/lvm/mddb.cf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/lvm/mddb.cf file is created when the metadb(1M) command is invoked. You should never directly edit this file. The file /etc/lvm/mddb.cf is used by the metainit(1M) command to find the locations of the metadevice state databases replicas. The metadb command creates the file and updates it each time it is run. Similar information is entered in the /kernel/drv/md.conf file. Each metadevice state database replica has a unique entry in the /etc/lvm/mddb.cf file. Each entry contains the driver and minor unit num- bers associated with the block physical device where a replica is stored. Each entry also contains the block number of the master block, which contains a list of all other blocks in the replica. Entries in the /etc/lvm/mddb.cf file are of the form: driver_name minor_t daddr_t checksum where driver_name and minor_t represent the device number of the physical device storing this replica. daddr_t is the disk block address. checksum is used to make certain the entry has not been corrupted. A pound sign (#) introduces a comment. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample File The following example shows a mddb.cf file. #metadevice database location file do not hand edit #driver minor_t daddr_t device id checksum sd 152 16 id1,sd@SSEAGATE_JDD288110MC9LH/a -2613 In the example above, the value for daddr_t indicates that the offset from the start of a given partition is 16 disk blocks from the start of that partition. FILES
/etc/lvm/mddb.cf /kernel/drv/md.conf SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metassist(1M), metaset(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide SunOS 5.10 8 Aug 2003 mddb.cf(4)