Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with if logic
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with if logic Post 98434 by mahendramahendr on Wednesday 8th of February 2006 06:58:11 AM
Old 02-08-2006
yes you will get both the emails because prv size and cur size is same...

in the first condition, you are checking greaer than or equal.... here both are equal hence condition matching...

in the second if condition, you are just checking equal... here both are equal hence condition matching...

I think you need to remove -ge and replace -gt

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to figure out the logic for this problem

Hello, i am on 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp i have directory named /home , and in there i have directory 2009_10_10 and two files : 2009_10_10.log and 2009_10_11.log How to write shell script which will delete only file/s that don't have his/their 'parent' directory, so in this case , only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if then else logic with while loop problem

Hi Friends, I have to do write a shell file based on one flag.If that flag value is 'N' then process look in $DATA are and the normal process continue.If vaule is 'P' then it check for the files in different location $CONV and move those file in $DATA area and rest of the process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Param0073
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk if logic problem

nawk '{ fmt="%3s %22s %48s %35s %21s\n"; if ($3==$6 && $1=="STOPLOSS") { tpy="Successful Match"; jnme=$1; sts="File will be loaded"; cntrl=$3; audit=$6; printf (fmt, tpy,jnme,sts,cntrl,audit) >> "'${AUDIT_DATA_FILE}/${AUDIT36}'" }else if ($3!=$6 && $1=="STOPLOSS") { tpy="Mis-Match ";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wawa
4 Replies
pthread_condattr_init(3T)												 pthread_condattr_init(3T)

NAME
pthread_condattr_init(), pthread_condattr_destroy() - initialize or destroy a condition variable attributes object. SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
attr Pointer to the condition variable attributes object to be initialized or destroyed. DESCRIPTION
initializes the condition variable attributes object attr with the default values for all attributes. The attributes object describes a condition variable in detail and is passed to the condition variable initialization function. When a condition variable attributes object is used to initialize a condition variable, the values of the individual attributes determine the characteristics of the new condition variable. Attributes objects act like additional parameters to object initialization. A single attributes object can be used in multiple calls to the function When a condition variable is initialized with an attributes object, the attributes are, in effect, copied into the condition variable. Consequently, any change to the attributes object will not affect any previously initialized condition variables. Once all condition vari- ables needing a specific attributes object have been initialized, the attributes object is no longer needed. The condition variable attributes and their default values are: The default value is If an initialized condition variable attributes object is reinitialized, undefined behavior results. destroys the condition variable attributes object attr. The destroyed condition variable attributes object ceases to exist and its resources are reclaimed. Using attr after it has been destroyed results in undefined behavior. A destroyed condition variable attributes object can be reinitialized using the function Condition variables that have been already initialized using this attributes object are not affected by the destruction of the condition variable attributes object. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [ENOMEM] There is insufficient memory available in which to initialize the condition variable attributes object. [EINVAL] attr is not a valid condition variable attributes object. For each of the following conditions, if the condition is detected, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] attr is not a valid condition variable attributes object. AUTHOR
and were derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_condattr_getpshared(3T), pthread_cond_init(3T). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_condattr_init(3T)