Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with if logic
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with if logic Post 98434 by mahendramahendr on Wednesday 8th of February 2006 06:58:11 AM
Old 02-08-2006
yes you will get both the emails because prv size and cur size is same...

in the first condition, you are checking greaer than or equal.... here both are equal hence condition matching...

in the second if condition, you are just checking equal... here both are equal hence condition matching...

I think you need to remove -ge and replace -gt

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to figure out the logic for this problem

Hello, i am on 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp i have directory named /home , and in there i have directory 2009_10_10 and two files : 2009_10_10.log and 2009_10_11.log How to write shell script which will delete only file/s that don't have his/their 'parent' directory, so in this case , only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if then else logic with while loop problem

Hi Friends, I have to do write a shell file based on one flag.If that flag value is 'N' then process look in $DATA are and the normal process continue.If vaule is 'P' then it check for the files in different location $CONV and move those file in $DATA area and rest of the process... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Param0073
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk if logic problem

nawk '{ fmt="%3s %22s %48s %35s %21s\n"; if ($3==$6 && $1=="STOPLOSS") { tpy="Successful Match"; jnme=$1; sts="File will be loaded"; cntrl=$3; audit=$6; printf (fmt, tpy,jnme,sts,cntrl,audit) >> "'${AUDIT_DATA_FILE}/${AUDIT36}'" }else if ($3!=$6 && $1=="STOPLOSS") { tpy="Mis-Match ";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wawa
4 Replies
mhc(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mhc(1)

NAME
today - Show your today's schedules. SYNOPSIS
today [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the today commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. today is a program that show your schedules in MHC repository. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. --format=FORMAT change output format. FORMAT is 'html' or 'ps. --category=CATEGORY Pick only in CATEGORY. '!' and space separated multiple values are allowed. --date=strig[+n] Set a period of date. String is one of these: today, tomorrow, sun ... sat, yyyymmdd, yyyymm. yyyymm lists all days in the month. list n+1 days of schedules if +n is given. default value is 'today+0' --mail=ADDRESS Send a e-mail to ADDRESS instead of listing to stdout SEE ALSO
adb2mhc(1), gemcal(1), mhc-scan(1), mhc2palm(1), palm2mhc(1), mhc(5). AUTHOR
This program was written by Yoshinari Nomura <nom@quickhack.net> and this manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 23 Jun 2000 mhc(1)