Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change a parameter to be in capital letters Post 98430 by mahendramahendr on Wednesday 8th of February 2006 05:43:25 AM
Old 02-08-2006
$mah="hello"
$ typeset -u mah
$ echo $mah

Just typeset -u the variable, it will get converted into uppercase

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh parameter --- change

I am reading a file into a parameter in my program typeset nums_type if the contents of nums_type = asdfghbqwerty how do make a new paremeter eqaul to the 7th character of nums_type. like ${type} = b (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frank
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

capital letters GONE!

I have an odd issue. I am trying to copy some files/folders to my linux box via a burned CD which I created on my mac. When I browse the files on the mac (or my windows box), everything looks fine (some of the folder names start with a capital letter, which is needed for everything to work... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blogg
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change a kernel parameter

Hello and thank you everyone that has helped guide me in the past. I need to change the max_thread_proc parameter in order for certain Oracle utilities to function correctly. It is currently set at 64. I am a dba not an sa so please excuse my lack of knowledge on something that is probably... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change small letters to capital

hi guys, I know this might be very simple for u but not for me. I simply want to print the active users, changeing the first letter in their names to capital. i guess sed it's useful but don't know how to find the correspondign capital letter and don't know how to change just the first... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticus
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to search for capital letters

Hi, I just want to search a file for any words containng a capital letter and then display a list of just these words! I have been trying grep but to no has not helped.(im using the bash shell) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdaniel3
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change parameter of file?

Hi everyone , i have one data file in which data appears like below "a","b","c","d","e", "1","","2","","3" "3","","1","","5", "5","","5","","8" ... there are hundreds of record in that data file like this . now for corrosponding vale "e" there are three values 3,5,8 . Now i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put parentheses around all capital letters using SED

Hello everyone I tell you that I'm trying to do a bash program that can put parentheses around each capital letter of each line using SED. I tell you probe with: sed -e '1,$s/A/(A)/g' "$file" but only add parentheses in A. then tested with: sed 'y/AB/(A)(B)/' "$archivo" but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adiegorpc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing all characters of a file to capital letters

Hi guys. I have file named output.txt containing file names. one per line. I use this command to convert all characters to capital letters and write to the same file. cat output.txt | tr 'a-z' 'A-Z' > output.txtBut at the end output.txt is emtpy. Could anyone help?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Escape Sequence for Capital Letters Input at Shell Not Working

Hello, I am running Solaris 8. When issuing the command "stty lcase" all text which is output to the terminal are capitalized. Letters that are supposed to be capitals are preceded by a backslash during output. All text which is input is converted to lower case. This is the expected behaviour... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstor
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing text file by Capital Names (capital word ' ' capital word)

Hi I have a file passwd_exmpl that contains: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/nologin daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/sbin/nologin adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin lp:x:4:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/sbin/nologin sync:x:5:0:sync:/sbin:/bin/sync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eladage
5 Replies
sid2wav(1)							   User Commands							sid2wav(1)

NAME
sid2wav - output wav files out of sid files SYNOPSIS
sid2wav [-commands] <datafile>|- [outputfile] DESCRIPTION
Sid2wav is a synthetic waveform generator from sid files, named after the Sound Interface Chip found in Commodore 64 personal computers. With this tool, one can 'convert' sid files to wav ones that popular music players like XMMS can play. Note that you don't have to convert sid files just to listen them, sidplay can play it for you just as it would sound on a real C64. Also, XMMS has an input plugin to play sid files directly. The use is that you may convert sid tunes to wav and later to any compressed format like Ogg or MP3 for users lacking sid- play. Other use would be to convert files to wav for audio CD creation. COMMANDS
-h gives help on usage. -f<num> set frequency in Hz (default: 44100). -16 16-bit (default: 8-bit) -s stereo (default: mono). -ss enable stereo surround. -u au output (8000Hz mono 8-bit u-law). -o<num> set song number (default: preset). -a improve PlaySID compatibility (not recommended). -a2 transparent ROM memory mode (overrides -a). -n enable NTSC-clock speed for VBI tunes (not recommended). -nf no SID filter emulation. -ns MOS 8580 waveforms (default: MOS 6581). -m<num> mute voices out of 1,2,3,4 (default: none). Example: -m13 (voices 1 and 3 off). -t<num> set seconds to play (default: 60). -b<num> skip first <num> seconds into the song (default: 0). -fin<num> fade-in time in seconds (default: 0). -fout<num> fade-out time in seconds (default: 2). SEE ALSO
sidplay(1), xmms (1). AUTHORS
Michael Schwendt <sidplay@geocities.com> Adam Lorentzon <d93-alo@nada.kth.se> This manpage was written for the Debian GNU/Linux system by Laszlo 'GCS' Boszormenyi <gcs@lsc.hu> (but may be used by others). Sidplay May, 2004 sid2wav(1)