Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: stty errors
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers stty errors Post 98080 by blowtorch on Monday 6th of February 2006 03:44:22 AM
Old 02-06-2006
Are you running this script through cron? If yes, the problem could be this: When you do 'su - user', the user's profile files are parsed. There could be commands in the profile that require to be run from a terminal.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty: : Not a typewriter

stty: : Not a typewriter the above error comes after i execute the script below o hpux B.11.00 #!/usr/bin/ksh /bin/su - <oraid> -c "svrmgrl" << EOF connect internal startup exit EOF echo "# End "`date +%D" "%T` >> time.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty

I am trying to set my backspace key as the erase key right now I have to type CONTROL-H to delete. Can you please tell me the command to set my backspace as the erase key...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frank
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

4. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty tcgetattr errors

Hi, I have an app that runs Oracle 8.1.7 residing on a AIX 4.3 ML 10 . preiodically app sends out a status log like the one displayed below. Lately I have noticed this stty:tcgetattr message in the log. Script that writes this output calls sqlplus, gets the required count and writes output to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stty: : Not a typewriter -- Help please

Hi All, I have been runing the same set of program using the same auto profile for an year. Now when i run the same set of process , i getting the below error Not a terminal stty: : Not a typewriter stty: : Not a typewriter ksh: jil: not found ksh: sendevent: not found logout... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Using stty

Hello, I am trying to configure a serial port, for mac os x 10.6. I believe I can use the stty command to look at serial port configuration and or change the serial port settings. I read the man page, but I don't really know what I am doing. Any help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamesapp
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

stty: : I/O Error

Hi all, I am stuck on a shell script issue and need your inputs: I have a parent script A.ksh which call in another script B.ksh. At the start of the B.ksh, we export the .profile of another user and then call Informatica jobs. Issue When I run my jobs from the command prompt, it works... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fromrishi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use stty?

Hi , I have shell scripting in linux box. This script is mentioned that should be run under the one particular user. If you run that mentioned user location then it is working fine.... Suppose if you are trying run from some other user like as mentioned below sudo su - gxadm -c script.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies
rsh(1c) 																   rsh(1c)

Name
       rsh - remote shell

Syntax
       rsh host [-l username] [-n] command
       host [-l username] [-n] command

Description
       The  command  connects to the specified host, and executes the specified command.  The command copies its standard input to the remote com-
       mand, the standard output of the remote command to its standard output, and the standard error of the remote command to its standard error.
       Interrupt, quit and terminate signals are propagated to the remote command.  The command normally terminates when the remote command does.

The  remote  username  used is the same as your local username, unless you specify a different remote name with the -l option.  This remote
       name must be equivalent, in the sense of to the originating account.  No provision is made for specifying a password with a command.

If you omit command, then instead of executing a single command, you are logged in on the remote host using

Shell metacharacters which are not quoted are interpreted on local machine, while quoted  metacharacters  are  interpreted  on  the  remote
       machine.  Thus the command

rsh otherhost cat remotefile >> localfile

appends the remote file remotefile to the localfile localfile, while

rsh otherhost cat remotefile ">>" otherremotefile

appends remotefile to otherremotefile.

Host  names are given in the file Each host has one standard name (the first name given in the file), which is rather long and unambiguous,
       and optionally one or more nicknames.  The host names for local machines are also commands in the directory If you put  this  directory	in
       your search path then the can be omitted.

Options
       -l username	   Logs you in as the specified user, not as your user login name.

-n		   Redirects all command input to

Restrictions
       The  command  is  confused by output generated by commands in a .cshrc file on the remote host.	In particular, `where are you?' and `stty:
       Can't assign requested address' are messages which can result if output is generated by the startup file.

If you are using and put a in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal, it blocks even if no reads are posted by
       the remote command.  If no input is desired you should redirect the input of to using the -n option.

You cannot run an interactive command like Use

Stop signals stop the local process only.

Files
       /etc/hosts
       /usr/hosts/*

See Also
       rlogin(1c)

rsh(1c)