Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: portupgrade
Operating Systems BSD portupgrade Post 98007 by antoniozacca on Saturday 4th of February 2006 04:58:12 AM
Old 02-04-2006
Power portupgrade

Hello this is newly user of FreeBSD and got a problem on portupgrade
I just installed release4.6 and then cvsup was ok every ports are renew
to up to date. but can't make install even one ports. incomplete process
with message below. i want someone advice me what the reason and
how to solve this problem.
thanks for any reply

error message: sed: illegal option --i
error code 1

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. BSD

portupgrade linux-pango problem

Downloading fresh database. auditfile.tbz 56 kB 65 kBps New database installed. Database created: Thu Jun 25 02:40:01 HKT 2009 Checking for packages with security vulnerabilities: Affected package: linux-pango-1.10.2 Type of problem: pango --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamkong
0 Replies
PORTINDEX(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						      PORTINDEX(5)

NAME
INDEX -- File containing information about the state of the ports tree DESCRIPTION
The port index file in /usr/ports contains various bits of information about the ports tree. Each major branch of FreeBSD has a separate index file, named ``INDEX-N'', where N is the major version number of the FreeBSD branch, i.e.: INDEX-7, or INDEX-8. name The name of the package. path The path to the port directory. install prefix The default install prefix. short description A short description. full description The path to the full description. maintainer email The email address of the maintainer. index The categories this port is part of. build dependencies Ports required to be installed prior to building this port. run dependencies Ports required to be installed for this port to run. website The project website for the port. e-deps Ports that may be required to extract this port. p-deps Ports that may be required to patch this port. f-deps Ports that may be required to fetch this port. FILES
/usr/ports/INDEX-N where N is the major version number of the FreeBSD branch. EXAMPLES
vim-6.3.15|/usr/ports/editors/vim|/usr/local|Vi "workalike", with many additional features|/usr/ports/editors/vim/pkg-descr|obrien@FreeBSD.org|editors|libiconv-1.9.2_1|libiconv-1.9.2_1|http://www.vim.org/||| SEE ALSO
build(7), ports(7) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Paul Armstrong and Thomas Abthorpe <tabthorpe@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 14, 2012 BSD