Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sql inside a script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sql inside a script Post 97970 by tmarikle on Friday 3rd of February 2006 02:13:12 PM
Old 02-03-2006
Check this post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run an SQL script inside a shell

How do I create a K Shell which would silently (without user input) logon to Oracle and run an SQL script? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Steve (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevefox
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

3. Web Development

SQL Select inside Insert

I have following. . . . $userid = 2 . $query = "select username from users where userid = ".$userid.";"; . $username = $line; $data="Some Data Here"; . $query = "insert into logger (username, data) valuse ($username, $data);"; . I would like to not have 2 database calls. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call an sql script inside a while statement in KSH

Hi all, I'm trying to run an sql inside a loop which looks like this #!bin/ksh while IFS=, read var1 var2 do sqlplus -s ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${ORACLE_SID} << EOF insert into ${TABLE} ( appt_date ) values ( '${var1 }' ); ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass a variable to an update sql statement inside a loop

hi all, i am experiencing an error which i think an incorrect syntax for the where clause passing a variable was given. under is my code. sqlplus -s ${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${SID} << END1 >> $LOGFILE whenever sqlerror exit set serveroutput on size 1000000 declare l_rc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

issues with sql inside if statement

Hi, I have problem with the following code. My IF block is not executed. And I see "syntax error near unexpected token `)'" error for line "EOF" in the stats_function(). but when I comment the IF block I don't see this error. Kindly help me with this issue. clean_function() {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using PHP , call a sql inside a unix script

I am running the xampp on WINDOWS, and my php script is connecting to a unix script on a different server (ssh2_connect("11.31.138.56", 22). I am running the unix script and inside this script I am calling the .sql file . The SQL is connecting to oracle db on the unix server. But the sqlplus... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql command inside shell script runs without giving anything back as outout

#!/bin/sh # This script returns the number of rows updated from a function echo "The execution is starting ....." sqlplus -silent $UP <<EOF set serveroutput on set echo off set pagesize 0 VAR no_rows_updated NUMBER; EXEC :no_rows_updated :=0; DECLARE CURSOR c_update is SELECT * FROM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
4 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)