Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX maintenance package 4.3.
Operating Systems AIX AIX maintenance package 4.3. Post 97955 by Sagitario on Friday 3rd of February 2006 12:58:48 PM
Old 02-03-2006
Hello bakunin,

are you sure I can update 4.3.2 with AIX 4300-11 maintenance package?

Is there a way I receive CDs or 8-mm with AIX 4.3.3 to install from scratch? IBM told me that AIX 4.3 is withdrawn from market and they cant handle my request.

Sagitario

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding out the current AIX Maintenance Level

Is there a simple command in the vein of `oslevel` under AIX 4.3 to show the current patch level of the machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for SSL software package (AIX 5.1)

When i install SSH on AIX 5.1 I get the following message { A prerequisite package has not been installed. Open SSH requires Open SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Please install Open SSL from the AIX Toolbox for Linux CD or Toolbox website: } I cannot find the AIX toolbox for linux CD, also on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janr
1 Replies

3. AIX

aix maintenance level

Hi, I want to know which command will list only maintenance level of Aix Operating system For Example: 5.3.1.7 in this example which is maintenance level of OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

4. AIX

maintenance on the SAN with AIX

Hi All, I need to do maintenance on the SAN. Do I need to shutdown AIX as well? Or I can just unmount the SAN-FS and let the SAN reboot or do maintenance mode. And then when SAN is up, just mount it back. Is that simple it is or not? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX relocatable package help

Hi, I have created a relocatable AIX package named Test. The USIL is /abc bash-2.05b# lsusil INSTALL PATH = /abc COMMENTS = None Generally if a package gets installed in "/opt/Test" and i want to relocate it to "/abc" it gets installed under "/abc/Test". This happens the way in Solaris,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

7. AIX

How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source?

How to compile a package surce in AIX when we download its source? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS

Hi Experts, How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS? I would like to verify if “xlcpp.rte.10.1.0.aix.base” package is applied or not ? thanks in advance. -Mallela (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmallela
1 Replies

10. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)