Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Format question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Format question Post 97825 by shorty on Thursday 2nd of February 2006 03:56:57 PM
Old 02-02-2006
The funny thing is when you think the format is done, it does a "Verify data" thing, which is extremely slow...........

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

format and pkginfo -l question

I have a Solaris 2.6 box flagging an "Error block: 308918" in the messages file when I execute a pkginfo -l. pkginfo with no flags returns no errors. I think I need to use format to mark this block and then restore the database used by pkginfo for backup. Any advice/input welcome. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format question

I have a string that looks like this: 2008 04 09 18 45 30 0 I would like to convert it to a date format like this: Wed Apr 09 18:45:30.000 GMT 2008 I have been searching all over and can't find anything to help me. I am using ksh on a sun solaris unix machine. Thank you. Allyson (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajgwin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/nawk question to format a file

Hi, I am new to awk/nawk, needs help. I want to merge the rows having emplid attribute same into a single row in the following file. In actual this kind of file will have around 50k rows. Here is my input file id|emplid|firstname|dep|lastname 1|001234|test|1001|1 2|002345|test|1032|2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar04
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk Format Question

Wondering if anyone could tell about how long it will take to perform 3 passes on a 72 GB disk? I have a Sun V240 and will have to format all 4. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buckhtr77
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SFTP file format question

Hi, We here at State of Iowa are trying to SFTP an ascii text file off of an IBM server over to our DOL SUN Server using Solaris 5.8. After doing the secure handshake login all I am doing at present is "sftp> get testfile". Somehow in pulling the file in from the IBM server to the SUN server it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsiefkas
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module to convert xlsx format to xls format

Hi Folks, I have written a perl script that reads data from excel sheet(.xls) using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module. But the problem is this module doesn't work for excel sheets with extension .xlsx. I have gone through Spreadsheet::XLSX module with which we can read from .xlsx file directly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about awk format

Hi, Guys, There is one question about AWK format. Here is the code: gawk -F: '/^Dan/ {print "Dan's phone number is ",$2}' lab3.data An syntax error will come out because the quote mark between Dan and s and first quote mark are recognized as a quote pair. I want to get the input like this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksunnn
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Format Question

Hello friends i have a file that outputs like this: lineA lineB lineC I would like it to format it like this as output: 'lineA','lineB','lineC' Can you help? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
2 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Filter::YAML(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Jifty::DBI::Filter::YAML(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Filter::YAML - This filter stores arbitrary Perl via YAML SYNOPSIS
use Jifty::DBI::Record schema { column my_data => type is 'text', filters are qw/ Jifty::DBI::Filter::YAML /; }; my $thing = __PACKAGE__->new; $thing->create( my_data => { foo => 'bar', baz => [ 1, 2, 3 ] } ); my $my_data = $thing->my_data; while (my ($key, $value) = %$my_data) { # do something... } DESCRIPTION
This filter provides the ability to store arbitrary data structures into a database column using YAML. This is very similar to the Jifty::DBI::Filter::Storable filter except that the YAML format remains human-readable in the database. You can store virtually any Perl data, scalar, hash, array, or object into the database using this filter. In addition, YAML (at least the storage of scalars, hashes, and arrays) is compatible with data structures written in other languages, so you may store or read data between applications written in different languages. METHODS
encode This method is used to encode the Perl data structure into YAML formatted text. decode This method is used to decode the YAML formatted text from the database into the Perl data structure. IMPLEMENTATION
This class will attempt to use YAML::Syck if it is available and then fall back upon YAML. This has been done because the Syck library is written in C and is considerably faster. SEE ALSO
Jifty::DBI::Filter, YAML, YAML::Syck AUTHOR
Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp <hanenkamp@cpan.org> LICENSE
This program is free software and may be modified or distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-09-21 Jifty::DBI::Filter::YAML(3pm)