Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script that moves itself
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script that moves itself Post 97774 by aigles on Thursday 2nd of February 2006 10:43:25 AM
Old 02-02-2006
Quote:
Code:
cat $0 > /new/path/myfile.sh
chmod +x /new/path/myfile.sh
/new/path/myfile.sh
exit

Never finishes ...

Perhaps something like that :
Code:
target_file=/new/path/myfile.sh
if [ $0 != $target_file ]
then
   cp $0 $target_file
   chmod +x $target_file
   $target_file
fi
exit

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moves files remotely using ftp

Hi All, How can i move files from one directory to another in remote server using ftp? Thanks in Advance, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

moves checkout files to local system

I am using my script which generally checkout the repository.Is there any coomand which can help me to checkout the repository not on that svn server while it moves it to your local system at the desired location. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Script that, if file exists in Samba share, moves file to Unix server

I'm looking to do pretty much what the title says. I want a script that runs, it can run on Unix or Windows, doesn't matter, and searches a Samba shares for a .txt file. If the file exists, the script will move (or possibly copy) the file from the Samba share into a directory on our Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: twcostello
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traffic moves to another eth

hi guys I have a server which has 2 nics eth0 and eth1 eth0 is used for our email traffic server. everything working fine some time later a eth1 was added for backup purposes so this new nic sends data to another vlan for backup purposes all of a sudden our mail server starts to fail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to wite shell script to moves files?

Greetings to all, i am new to shell scripting. i need to wite a script that moves files after renaming them to .txt . The exact scenario is this. i have a directory /stsarie/btms/v5.0/report/wps where files will be imported from Host system periodically. Along with a file say named... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: latrom77
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check one command and if it fails moves to other command

Input is list of Server's, script is basically to remove old_rootvg, So it should check first command "alt_rootvg_op -X old_rootvg" if it passes move to next server and starts check and if it fails moves to other command "exportvg old_rootvg" for only that particular server. I came up with below,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)