Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Email multiples attachment files Post 97700 by bobo on Wednesday 1st of February 2006 01:59:06 PM
Old 02-01-2006
Sorry to ask this...but how can I find out which SHELL?

many thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Attachment

Hi, I have 2 questions regarding sending mail as attachment. 1. Using mime type (From Oracle tools which reside on UNIX) When send the mail(txt file) as an attachment, on some servers like Hotmail, the email goes perfect as an attachment. But on some servers like yahoo, get embedded mail which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad01
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Attachment

Is there a way to send an email attachment? So far no where I've looked has given me any leads. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyro
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to deattach attachment of email

how to deattach attachment of email (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandati
4 Replies

4. AIX

Email with Attachment

Hi, I have .ksh file which internally calls a .sql file. This sql file writes a file with the result. I am using the following command to send email with the result file as attachment uuencode file.txt file.txt | mail -s "Subject" abc@abc.com. When i run the .ksh file i get a message you... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: piyushprabhakar
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cp for copying multiples files

Hi all, I've got this question about using cp for copying multiples files from the same source directory to another directory, considering that my working directory ain't the same of the source directory. Let me give you a simple example what I'm talking about: Suppose the following files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapeupreto
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting/condensing text from multiple files to multiples files

Hi Everyone, I'm really new to all this so I'm really hoping someone can help. I have a directory with ~1000 lists from which I want to extract lines from and write to new files. For simplicity lets say they are shopping lists and I want to write out the lines corresponding to apples to a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: born2phase
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk on multiples files

Ques from newbie I want to total column X from large number of files, and view totals for each file separately with the filename. I have tried: for i in `ls -1 *.pattern`; do cat "$i" | awk '{SUM += $4} END { printf("%8d\t%8d\n", $i,SUM) }'; done does not work. appreciate your help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Sent an email attachment, but the attachment is empty

I'm trying to send a .zip file from my unix box to my work email (email client outlook) The file name that I'm trying to sent is sites.zip and this is how I do it: uuencode sites.zip | mailx -s "testing" myname@mydomain.com When I open the .zip, the zip is empty. Looking around the we, I... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amb1s1
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send attachment with the email

Hi All, The below code is working fine for me. mailx -s hello abc@xyz.com <<EOT Hello !!! How are you? Regards Rahul EOT But i am not able to send csv file with the mail .Getting just themail but not the attachment. uuencode /path/s1.csv | mailx -s hello abc@xyz.com <<EOT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attachment in email

I have a file in unix, while i do email that file to some one from unix, the attachment file data is displaying in the email. (as body of the email). but if the file has some special characters , the file is emailing as attachment. But i need the file as the body in the email if it has special... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nani1984
1 Replies
SPLIT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  SPLIT(1)

NAME
split -- split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
split [-a suffix_length] [-b byte_count[k|m]] [-l line_count] [-p pattern] [file [name]] DESCRIPTION
The split utility reads the given file and breaks it up into files of 1000 lines each. If file is a single dash ('-') or absent, split reads from the standard input. The options are as follows: -a Use suffix_length letters to form the suffix of the file name. -b Create smaller files byte_count bytes in length. If ``k'' is appended to the number, the file is split into byte_count kilobyte pieces. If ``m'' is appended to the number, the file is split into byte_count megabyte pieces. -l Create smaller files n lines in length. -p pattern The file is split whenever an input line matches pattern, which is interpreted as an extended regular expression. The matching line will be the first line of the next output file. This option is incompatible with the -b and -l options. If additional arguments are specified, the first is used as the name of the input file which is to be split. If a second additional argument is specified, it is used as a prefix for the names of the files into which the file is split. In this case, each file into which the file is split is named by the prefix followed by a lexically ordered suffix using suffix_length characters in the range ``a-z''. If -a is not speci- fied, two letters are used as the suffix. If the name argument is not specified, the file is split into lexically ordered files named with prefixes in the range of ``x-z'' and with suffixes as above. SEE ALSO
csplit(1), re_format(7) STANDARDS
The split utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A split command appeared in Version 3 AT&T UNIX. BUGS
For historical reasons, if you specify name, split can only create 676 separate files. The default naming convention allows 2028 separate files. The -a option can be used to work around this limitation. The maximum line length for matching patterns is 65536. BSD
April 16, 1994 BSD