Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed: command garbled error..... Post 97693 by Perderabo on Wednesday 1st of February 2006 01:25:20 PM
Old 02-01-2006
You have been repeatedly warned about breaking our rules, in particular:
(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

You have stated that you "read all the rules completely." But you continue to crosspost. You are getting very close to being banned. Do not post multiple copies of your questions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled

Im getting this error message when trying to substitute filepaths in a sed search and replace string #!/usr/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID=PH3 ORACLE_ADMIN=/data01/app/oracle/admin/$ORACLE_SID DATAFILE_DIR=/asterisk/oradata/$ORACLE_SID sed -e s/DBNAME/$ORACLE_SID/g < initPH2.ora | sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blakmk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: command garbled :s/

Hi, I really need some help, I am using a very basic script to proess a text file. This script has been used many times but all of a sudden all on it's own it's stopped working. The line in the script is: sed 's/ //g' $ORGFILE > $NEWFILE and the error is Sed: command garbled :s/ All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heidi.lightfoot
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled - when executed with $variables

I have got a file job_tree.lst , which contains 1 line as below $ cat job_tree.lst ABC_D_EQ_XXXXX_YYYY_PRD_UX 05/08/2009 05:47 05/08/2009 05:50 IN 13412850/0 I want to get a child job string 3 characters offset from the parent job string (i.e. ABC_D_EQ_XXXXX_YYYY_PRD_UX 05/08/2009... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Armaan_S
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled

Hi, I have a file1 as : A=/home/user B=/home/user1 C=/home/user2 D=/home/aacsms E=/home/user1/temp F=/home/user1/area1 and my script as: a=`cat /home/aacsms7/file1 | grep -i e` b=`user2` sed 's/'$a'/"E=/home/'$b'/temp"/g' < file1 > file2 sed: command garbled:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yesmani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command garbled error

sed: command garbled: s/ri="*"/ri=" what i did is you can see below sed "s/ri=\"*\"/ri=\"$newri\"/" $2 > output how to solve this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasricha.kunal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command garbled question

for j in $(cat ${list_B}) do to_replace_2=$(grep $j ${useralias}_2) sed "s/^${j}/${to_replace_2}/p" ${entries} > ${entries}_2 mv ${entries}_2 ${entries} done Hi, I've the above sed command running in a script. Its basically looping through a file and replacing its beginning of line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - ksh: sed: command garbled:

Hi all, What am I doing wrong here? $ cat test_sed.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh var="sed -e \'6s/9/6/\' testfile.txt > testfile.txt.2" $var $ ./test_sed.ksh sed: command garbled: \'6s/9/6/\' Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: command garbled error

Hi all, Suppose that I want to update the db.password entry in the below properties file, db.username=admin db.password=qhKkBno2U5GEq5k/dnmGPA== //I want this line to be replaced by: "db.password=abc/123/" db.host=server db.port=22 db.sid=database However when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - Command garbled

Hi, First post for a noob so please go easy with me :) I have a XML block that is originally like this: <SETNAME>somecrap/THIS</SETNAME> and I would like it be replaced with, in the original file: <SETNAME>THIS</SETNAME> I tried to use: sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhuanyi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command garbled when using sed

Hi everyone, Can anyone help me in question below? I want to cron a job to add partition every month but get the error sed: command garbled: s/YYYYMM/ . > echo $YYYYMON_NEW 201304 > echo $YYYYMON_OLD 201208 > echo $YYYY_MM_NEW 2013-05 This is my base script: ALTER TABLE STS.ADMIN ADD... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fenocean
1 Replies
bindtags(1T)						       Tk Built-In Commands						      bindtags(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
bindtags - Determine which bindings apply to a window, and order of evaluation SYNOPSIS
bindtags window ?tagList? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
When a binding is created with the bind command, it is associated either with a particular window such as .a.b.c, a class name such as But- ton, the keyword all, or any other string. All of these forms are called binding tags. Each window contains a list of binding tags that determine how events are processed for the window. When an event occurs in a window, it is applied to each of the window's tags in order: for each tag, the most specific binding that matches the given tag and event is executed. See the bind command for more information on the matching process. By default, each window has four binding tags consisting of the name of the window, the window's class name, the name of the window's near- est toplevel ancestor, and all, in that order. Toplevel windows have only three tags by default, since the toplevel name is the same as that of the window. The bindtags command allows the binding tags for a window to be read and modified. If bindtags is invoked with only one argument, then the current set of binding tags for window is returned as a list. If the tagList argu- ment is specified to bindtags, then it must be a proper list; the tags for window are changed to the elements of the list. The elements of tagList may be arbitrary strings; however, any tag starting with a dot is treated as the name of a window; if no window by that name exists at the time an event is processed, then the tag is ignored for that event. The order of the elements in tagList determines the order in which binding scripts are executed in response to events. For example, the command bindtags .b {all . Button .b} reverses the order in which binding scripts will be evaluated for a button named .b so that all bindings are invoked first, following by bindings for .b's toplevel (``.''), followed by class bindings, followed by bindings for .b. If tagList is an empty list then the binding tags for window are returned to the default state described above. The bindtags command may be used to introduce arbitrary additional binding tags for a window, or to remove standard tags. For example, the command bindtags .b {.b TrickyButton . all} replaces the Button tag for .b with TrickyButton. This means that the default widget bindings for buttons, which are associated with the Button tag, will no longer apply to .b, but any bindings associated with TrickyButton (perhaps some new button behavior) will apply. EXAMPLE
If you have a set of nested frame widgets and you want events sent to a button widget to also be delivered to all the widgets up to the current toplevel (in contrast to Tk's default behavior, where events are not delivered to those intermediate windows) to make it easier to have accelerators that are only active for part of a window, you could use a helper procedure like this to help set things up: proc setupBindtagsForTreeDelivery {widget} { set tags [list $widget [winfo class $widget]] set w $widget set t [winfo toplevel $w] while {$w ne $t} { set w [winfo parent $w] lappend tags $w } lappend tags all bindtags $widget $tags } SEE ALSO
bind KEYWORDS
binding, event, tag ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk 4.0 bindtags(1T)