Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming want to run a function in background Post 97611 by bankpro on Wednesday 1st of February 2006 02:54:01 AM
Old 02-01-2006
thanks

Hello Linuxpenguin

ur logic helped us to solve our issue.

thanks 4 ur help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

subshell & background function

Hello all, Can someone explain to me the advantage between using subshell over a function call in scripts? To me these are the same. Am I wrong to think this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a shell in the background

How can I run a shell in the background? cat test.sh #!/bin/sh sleep 600 Thank u very much indeed! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GCTEII
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run script at background

Hi all, I have a script like: echo Please input list file name: read listn for file in `cat $listn.txt` do send_file $file done normally, I will run the script like: :. resendfile Please input list filename: list1 #Then, the script will resend all file from the list1. However,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can we run ssh2 in background

Hi, I was trying to run ssh2 command in background... but i got follwoing error message saying that process has been stopped.. + Stopped(SIGTTOU) Anyone have any idea about this??? Appreciated your help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question about the PID of a background function

Dear all, I'm writing a KornShell script that calls inside it a function in background mode #!/bin/ksh function myfunction { . . .} myfunction |& . . . How can I capture the PID of the function myfunction that runs in background? Thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

background scripts run-help

Looking for a logic where say i have a script called parent_script which is used to call other 4 to 5 child scripts in background as.. cat parent_script # containing 65 lines 1 2 .. 35 while read child_script 36 do 37 ./child_script_name& 38 done< ${SCRIPT_LISTS} 39 40 # Need to have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run wineconsole in background

Hello everybody, I'm making a script for running a .bat process on wineconsole, but I want that wineconsole doesn't show up when I call it from the script. The script is named "reset" and it looks like this: When I execute it, it will show up the wineconsole window on top, and that is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: taurokpo
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run in background mode.

Hi All, i'm a newbie here, i'm just wondering in how do i run my script in background then echo it if it's done. Please advise, Thanks, -nik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Background process one after another

Hii Friends, I am using Perl CGI. I am running A SCP Command via Perl CGI in Background. Like system("scp -r machinename:/PathOfFile/ /Path/WhereToCopyIt/ &) This Copy Process takes some times lets say 15 min. Now I want When This copy process gets complete then send me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a function in background and then suspend it

Here is some back ground on the script. The script is to poll an arbitrary number of DB's. To do this I am creating a function that takes the file_path to the DB and the min poll interval as arguments. The function will be called for each DB and then ran in the background. The function I was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandavison
6 Replies
sudoku_generator(1)						   User Commands					       sudoku_generator(1)

NAME
sudoku_generator - generate and solve Sudoku puzzles SYNOPSIS
sudoku_generator [-n|--non-sym] [-d|--dump] [givens_count] sudoku_generator -s|--solve|-p|--print sudoku_dump DESCRIPTION
sudoku_generator generates, solves and prints Number Place puzzles, so called Sudokus. A Sudoku puzzle consists of 9 x 9 cells subdivided into 9 regions with 3 x 3 cells. The rules are simple. There have to be the numbers from 1 to 9 in every row, column and region. givens_count Number of givens (<= 81). Default is 36. Generation of Sudoku puzzles with less than 26 givens takes very long. sudoku_dump String with 81 * 1-9 or _ (+ ignored). OPTIONS
-n, --non-sym Generate a non-symmetric Sudoku puzzle. Default is symmetric. -d, --dump Dump the generated Sudoku puzzle (don't print). -s, --solve sudoku_dump Solve a Sudoku puzzle. -p, --print sudoku_dump Print a Sudoku puzzle. -v, --version Print version information and exit. -h, --help Print help message and exit. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005-2010, Thomas Gunther <tom@toms-cafe.de> This GPL program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; this is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; see the source for details. sudoku_generator 0.3.5 April 2010 sudoku_generator(1)