Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mounting a remote filesystem under SCO Unix ver 5.0.5 Post 9752 by synamics on Friday 2nd of November 2001 06:44:30 AM
Old 11-02-2001
Hammer & Screwdriver Mounting remote file systems

Hi

On the 'Backup' system you will need to use 'scoadmin' and first export the filesystem using the File System Manager.
Once exported on the Live Server you will need to use 'scoadmin' to mount the remote file system to a mount point of your choice.

There is one limitation I came across when doing this, you cannot export a sub-directory of a filesystem that is already exported.

If you are having problems, make sure that the entry's in the /etc/hosts file and /.rhosts and /etc/hosts.equiv are correct.

Good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounting in sco unix

how do I mount a cdrom in sco unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lazarus
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install modem in SCO OPEN SERVER VER 5.05

Hello Friends. I would like to know couple of questions. 1. How to install internal modem in unix operating system. I have a toshiba laptop with toshiba v.90 internal modem . 2. Where is hyper Terminal in Unix. 3. Where i can get the support for windows like we used to have vipex. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skywatcher
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote ACCESS in SCO UNIX

I have set up a modem in SCO Unix .. I want to dial in from a remote terminal program, what else is needed .. do I have to configure UUCP ?? How ? Any other configurations ? CHRIS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germiphene
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

IInd Hard Disk Mounting Problem on 1st HDD On SCO UNIX Open Server

Hi Engg. ! :mad: I have a harddisk on which SCO UNIX Open Server was installed. There was some data (in .dbf format) on it. Present condition of HDD is that it is not booting. Now I want to mount this HDD through other HDD on which SCO UNIX Open Server is installed by attaching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niraj Gopal Sha
0 Replies

5. SCO

Remote booting in sco unix

Hi ., I have a SCO Unix server 5.0.5.I need to connect it to 10 diskless clients with 5 of them with Realtek Network card and other 5 with compex card. I want the procedure to complete this task.Help Me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajbalaram
0 Replies

6. BSD

mounting filesystem error

I get error that I have to rund fsck manually on my filesystem, but when I go to run fsck on filesystem ad1s1e I get an error that says can't open device not configured so fsck won't rund on that filesystem. I am only booting up in single user mode. I noticed when I look in the fstab file the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
1 Replies

7. Solaris

filesystem mounting

Hi all, I have a question regarding filesystem mounting. I have one Sun box(V240) and a NAS on a network. Sun machine shows the following output of df -k command. # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 11094316 8509226 2474147 78% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help on filesystem mounting

Hi techies, I am pretty new to Solaris. So the qstn might be a silly one. I had a local disk with Solaris installed. I have done ufsdump to a SAN disk and after that s3 and s7 slices are giving the following error : "UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY." I had the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting filesystem

Could anyone help me please as I am stuck up. I want to mount /home/dun/maitree location of server A in server B to location /home/dun/tibco .Both server A and server B are Linux machine .The problem is that /home/dun/tibco of server B has some files and directory in it so after doing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

10. AIX

Mounting a directory in a filesystem

Hi All, Recently I came to know my / root file system is getting full because of application directory /siebel/ I have one option. 1) Down the application , take full backup 2)change the filesystem ownership 2)copy the contents into that filesystem cp -pr /siebel/* /siebelfs/* 3)Inform... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
9 Replies
xfs_freeze(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_freeze(8)

NAME
xfs_freeze - suspend access to an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_freeze -f | -u mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_freeze suspends and resumes access to an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). xfs_freeze halts new access to the filesystem and creates a stable image on disk. xfs_freeze is intended to be used with volume managers and hardware RAID devices that support the creation of snapshots. The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be frozen (see mount(8)). The -f flag requests the specified XFS filesystem to be frozen from new modifications. When this is selected, all ongoing transactions in the filesystem are allowed to complete, new write system calls are halted, other calls which modify the filesystem are halted, and all dirty data, metadata, and log information are written to disk. Any process attempting to write to the frozen filesystem will block waiting for the filesystem to be unfrozen. Note that even after freezing, the on-disk filesystem can contain information on files that are still in the process of unlinking. These files will not be unlinked until the filesystem is unfrozen or a clean mount of the snapshot is complete. The -u flag is used to un-freeze the filesystem and allow operations to continue. Any filesystem modifications that were blocked by the freeze are unblocked and allowed to complete. One of -f or -u must be supplied to xfs_freeze. NOTES
A copy of a frozen XFS filesystem will usually have the same universally unique identifier (UUID) as the original, and thus may be pre- vented from being mounted. The XFS nouuid mount option can be used to circumvent this issue. In Linux kernel version 2.6.29, the interface which XFS uses to freeze and unfreeze was elevated to the VFS, so that this tool can now be used on many other Linux filesystems. SEE ALSO
xfs(5), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_freeze(8)