Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mv cmd
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mv cmd Post 97469 by Ygor on Monday 30th of January 2006 08:07:33 PM
Old 01-30-2006
You could try...
Code:
for i in *
do
  [[ -f $i ]]  && echo mv $i /destination/dir/$i
done

...remove the echo when you are sure of the destination.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Programming

open cmd

if((LogFile=open(TempStr,O_CREAT|O_WRONLY|O_APPEND,0666))==-1) return(1); could someone explain me what the open() does here (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed cmd

write the sed command for swapping the first and 2nd (fields)words in the following file input file cse1 rama 1223 cse2 raju 2453 cse3 sita 3523 i tried with this $sed 's/ \(*\)/ \(*\)/ \2,\1' myfile1 but not getting th required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar_vitam
4 Replies

4. AIX

Filesystems cmd

hi is that any command to find out which filesystems occupying more process in cpu utilisation (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with delete cmd

Is there any command to know ,how many files are deleted when rm *. cmd was excuted. I worte script which runs for 1 hours regularly and it is used to delete the .exe files but i need to know how many exe files are deleted regularly. Please let me know the cmd ---------- Post updated at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl open(CMD, "cmd |"); buffering problem..

Hello, There's a third-party application's command that shows the application's status like "tail -f verybusy.log". When use the command, the output comes every 1-sec. but when it goes in a script below the output comes every 8-sec...What is the problem and how can I fix it? open(CMD,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn, Lee
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with the find cmd

Hello, I'm having a trouble with the find cmd. I would like to find all the java versions on my systems. I have solaris 9 & 10 RHEL and SUSIE. java -version doesn't give all the versions on the server. So I am trying to use the find command to find them all find / -name java I would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
7 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Sftp cmd

What is the cmd line to connect sftp, specifing the port number and the shh key file. When I use the below cmd format, it gives the msg :node name or service name not known, but I know the connection works, because the automated sftp script works fine and I can log into the remote server ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITDev01
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cmd while using ps

Hi i am new to shell scripting and any help is really appreciated. my requirement is in, ps -e -o pid,uname,cmd how can i split and take only the cmd part from it. I tried awk but the issue is when the cmd is returning a lengthy command which itself has some spaces it is truncating the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jojo90
7 Replies
asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS)					   User Commands				       asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-create-jmsdest, create-jmsdest - adds the physical destination SYNOPSIS
create-jmsdest --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive] --desttype|-T topic|queue [--property (name=value)[:name=value]*] dest_name creates the JMS physical destination. Along with the physical destination, you create a JMS destination resource with a Name property that specifies the physical destination. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. --desttype type of JMS destination. Valid values are topic, and queue. --property name/value pairs used for specifying MQ specific attributes to further customize the destination to be created. OPERANDS
dest_name name of the JMS destination. Valid value is any name that can be a Java identifier. Example 1: Using create-jmsdest asadmin> create-jmsdest --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 --desttype queue --property User=public:Password=public PhysicalQueue Command create-jmsdest executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jms-resource(1AS), asadmin-delete-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-list-jmsdest(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS)