Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cronjob process not work
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cronjob process not work Post 9733 by clemeot on Thursday 1st of November 2001 09:13:30 PM
Old 11-01-2001
cronjob process not work

Hi all,

I having a very unknown problem. I set my process to cronjob but it does not work at all!!!!!!No error detected, just nothing....

Cron:
15 * * * * /process/directory/path/$processname.sh

Script($processname.sh):
nohup $process &

Please help. I have no idea at all.
Smilie
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Repquota doesn't work as Cronjob?!?

Hello: I'm trying to run repquota -ag > /home/usersdir/repquota.txt as a daily cronjob at midnight, but the file always ends up blank. I even tried writing a quick Perl script to e-mail me what running that command outputs, and it's nothing. Can root run repquota as a cronjob? Do I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b416
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If I want to separate my work to child process,what should I do?

I know that the fork() can use for create a child process as following pid_t child_pid; int child_status; child_pid = fork(); switch (child_pid) { case -1: perror("fork"); exit(1); case 0: printf("hello world\n"); exit(0); default: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robocup
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When kill doesnt work, how to kill a process ?

Hi All, I am unable to kill a process using kill command. I am using HP-UX system. I have tried with kill -9 and i have root privilages. How can i terminate this daemon ? ? ? Regards, Vijay Hegde (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayHegde
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i know that cronjob work status

how can i know that cronjob work status(like completed or throws any error) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss4u
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to delay a process getting killed before it completes its work

The problem i am encountering is the process is getting killed before it dispalys the details.The details are displayed using printf.I created a new buffer for printing the details using setvbuf function call instead of output buffer.This is not working.The thing is,killing of the process must be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cijkmysj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rerun a cronjob if it doesn't work at first.

I want to add a line to the script that searches for a file. If the file does not exist, I need to kill the cronjob and run it again in one hour. I am running the program and 2 am and 2pm. I would want the job to run again at 3am and 3pm respectively. How could I do this and still keep the cronjob... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: libertyforall
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

8. Programming

Cannot get dbx to work correctly with a running process

Hi everyone, I've been struggling with this for a few weeks now. I'm trying to debug a running process with dbx on an AIX box. The command I'm using is 'dbx -a <pid> core' There is a function I can perform in my application that crashes this process, but it does not show up as crashed in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop cronjob automatically after cron process get completed?

Hi , I have scheduled the script using cron between 25-31 of the month. My script will trigger the ETL job once file is available in Windows path between these days(every 2 hours between 26 - 30 of every month ). So my question : "if the ETL job completes cron should stop the running the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaganjag
5 Replies
CHDIR(2)							System Calls Manual							  CHDIR(2)

NAME
chdir - change current working directory SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int chdir(const char *path) DESCRIPTION
Path is the pathname of a directory. Chdir causes this directory to become the current working directory, the starting point for path names not beginning with ``/''. In order for a directory to become the current directory, a process must have execute (search) access to the directory. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
Chdir will fail and the current working directory will be unchanged if one or more of the following are true: [ENOTDIR] A component of the path prefix is not a directory. [ENAMETOOLONG] The path name exceeds PATH_MAX characters. [ENOENT] The named directory does not exist. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. (Minix-vmd) [EACCES] Search permission is denied for any component of the path name. [EFAULT] Path points outside the process's allocated address space. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. SEE ALSO
chroot(2). 4th Berkeley Distribution August 26, 1985 CHDIR(2)