Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete blocks with no data..
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete blocks with no data.. Post 97325 by zazzybob on Saturday 28th of January 2006 05:33:43 PM
Old 01-28-2006
Try perl....
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

open( FH, "girin.xml" ) || die "Couldn't open file...\n";

while ( <FH> ) {
   $data .= $_;
}

$data =~ s!<CeValueCSVExt[0-9]+>\n</CeValueCSVExt[0-9]+>\n!!g;

print $data;

close( FH );

Then...
Code:
/path/to/girin.pl > girin.new.xml && mv girin.new.xml girin.xml

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting blocks of data

Hello all, Below is what I am trying to accomplish: I have a file that looks like this /* ----------------- xxxx.y_abcd_00000050 ----------------- */ jdghjghkla sadgsdags asdgsdgasd asdgsagasdg /* ----------------- xxxx.y_abcd_00000055 ----------------- */ sdgsdg sdgxcvzxcbv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete blocks of lines from text file

Hello, Hello Firends, I have file like below. I want to remove selected blocks say abc,pqr,lst. how can i remove those blocks from file. zone abc { blah blah blah } zone xyz { blah blah blah } zone pqr { blah blah blah } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Blank Lines Between DHCP Host Blocks

Hi All, I have a dhcpd.conf file that gets static hosts added and removed via a shell script. After sometime, there becomes huge gaps of space ( blank lines ) between each host block. I tried a couple of sed one-liners; but, I can't seem to get the output I'm looking for. Also, I would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert 512-blocks to 4k blocks

I'm Unix. I'm looking at "df" on Unix now and below is an example. It's lists the filesystems out in 512-blocks, I need this in 4k blocks. Is there a way to do this in Unix or do I manually convert and how? So for container 1 there is 7,340,032 in size in 512-blocks. What would the 4k block be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockycj
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using SED to delete between two blocks.....and then repeating.

Hi All I'm still on my slow and painful self teach learning experience with SED. My latest issue is getting my head around how best to do the following. I have a file that's created using iwlist that I want to chop up into paragraphs then only keep the ones I see as potential threats. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split this file into blocks and then send these blocks as input to the tool called Yices?

Hello, I have a file like this: FILE.TXT: (define argc :: int) (assert ( > argc 1)) (assert ( = argc 1)) <check> # (define c :: float) (assert ( > c 0)) (assert ( = c 0)) <check> # now, i want to separate each block('#' is the delimeter), make them separate files, and then send them as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data blocks from file

Hi all, I want to extract blocks of data from a file depending on the contents of that block. The input file(table) has several blocks each starting with 'gene' in the first column. I want to extract only those blocks which do not have the expression '_T02' in the second column. Input file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficult transposing of data from profiles blocks

Hello to all, I really hope some expert or awk guru could help me with this. I don't have how to begin and hope is not so difficult for somebody. I'll expecting how someone could resolve this problem I have to parse this. I have blocks of parameters for each MSISDN and I would like to extract... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row blocks to column blocks

Hello, Searched for a while and found some "line-to-column" script. My case is similar but with multiple fields each row: S02 Length Per S02 7043 3.864 S02 54477 29.89 S02 104841 57.52 S03 Length Per S03 1150 0.835 S03 1321 0.96 S03 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete data blocks based on missing combinations

Hello masters, I am filtering data based on completeness. A (Name , Group) combination in File2 is only complete when it has data for all subgroups specified in File1. All incomplete (Name , Group) combinations do not appear in the output. So for example , Name1 Group 1 in File2 is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
6 Replies
XML::Smart::Tutorial(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 XML::Smart::Tutorial(3pm)

NAME
XML::Smart::Tutorial - Tutorial and examples for XML::Smart. SYNOPSIS
This document is a tutorial for XML::Smart and shows some examples of usual things. Working with contents: In XML::Smart the key CONTENT is reserved and shouldn't be used directly, since XML::Smart will deal with the convertion of arguments to node contents, including multiple node contents autimatically. What happens when you set a value: $xml->{root}{foo} = 'simple value' ; Here foo will be a normal argument/attribute value, and will generate this XML data: <root foo="simple value"/> But if you insert some tag or lines in the values by default XML::Smart will convert it to a node content: $xml->{root}{foo} = "line0 lien1 line2 " ; And will generate that XML data: <root> <foo>line0 lien1 line2 </foo> </root> But what you can do if you want to force some type, let's say, have a node content with a simple value: $xml->{root}{foo} = 'simple value' ; $xml->{root}{foo}->set_node(1) ; And will generate that XML data: <root> <foo>simple value</foo> </root> Multiple contents: When you have interpolated content/data you need to work in a different. Let's say that you load this XML data: <root> content0 <tag1 arg="1"/> content1 </root> If you access directly the root key as string you will get all the content parts grouped. So, this code: my $xml = new XML::Smart(q` <root> content0 <tag1 arg="1"/> content1 </root> `,'smart') ; print "#$xml->{root}#" ; Will print that: # content0 content1 # To access each part of the content independently you should use an array that receive the method content(): my @content = $xml->{root}->content ; print "#$content[0]# " ; And this will print that: # content0 # Now to set the multiple content values you should use the method content() with 2 arguments: $xml->{root}->content(0,'new content') ; And now the XML data produced will be: <root>new content<tag1 arg="1"/> content1 </root> If you use the method content() with only one argument it will remove all the multiple contents and will set the new value in the place of the 1st content. Setting the XML Parser. By defaul XML::Smart will use XML::Parser or XML::Smart::Parser (in this order of preference) to load a XML data. To force or define by your self the parser you can use the 2nd argument option when creating a XML::Smart object: my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , 'XML::Parser' ) ; ## and my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , 'XML::Smart::Parser' ) ; XML::Smart also has an extra parser, XML::Smart::HTMLParser, that can be used to load HTML as XML, or to load wild XML data: my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , 'XML::Smart::HTMLParser' ) ; Aliases for the parser options: SMART|REGEXP => XML::Smart::Parser HTML => XML::Smart::HTMLParser So, you can use as: my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , 'smart' ) ; my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , 'html' ) ; Customizing the Parser. You can customize the way that the parser will treat the XML data: Forcing nodes/tags and arguments/attributes to lowercase or upercase: ## For lower case: my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , lowtag => 1 , lowarg => 1 , ) ; ## For uper case: my $xml = new XML::Smart( 'some.xml' , upertag => 1 , uperarg => 1 , ) ; Loading arguments without values (flags) as a TRUE boolean: ** Note, this option will work only when the XML is parsed by XML::Smart::HTMLParser, since only it accept arguments without values! my $xml = new XML::Smart( '<root><foo arg1="" flag></root>' , 'XML::Smart::HTMLParser' , arg_single => 1 , ) ; Here's the tree of the example above: 'root' => { 'foo' => { 'flag' => 1, 'arg1' => '' }, }, Customizing the parse events: XML::Smart can redirect the parsing process to personalized functions: my $xml = XML::Smart->new( 'some.xml' , on_start => &on_start , on_char => &on_char , on_end => &on_end , ) ; sub on_start { my ( $tag , $pointer , $pointer_back ) = @_ ; $pointer->{$tag}{type_user} = 1 if $tag =~ /(?:name|age)/ ; } sub on_char { my ( $tag , $pointer , $pointer_back , $content) = @_ ; $$content =~ s/s+/ /gs ; } sub on_end { my ( $tag , $pointer , $pointer_back ) = @_ ; $pointer->{$tag}{type_extra} = 1 if $tag =~ /(?:more|tel|address)/ ; } AUTHOR
Graciliano M. P. <gm@virtuasites.com.br> I will appreciate any type of feedback (include your opinions and/or suggestions). ;-P Enjoy and thanks for who are enjoying this tool and have sent e-mails! ;-P ePod This document was written in ePod (easy-POD), than converted to POD, and from here you know the way. perl v5.10.1 2004-12-08 XML::Smart::Tutorial(3pm)