Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: korn shell question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting korn shell question Post 97249 by Perderabo on Friday 27th of January 2006 11:59:04 AM
Old 01-27-2006
I do not believe that is possible. key bindings arrived in ksh93. I would expect that you won't have much luck with ksh88. I have never tried key bindings but I think it should be possible with that feature.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question variables Korn

I'm using the following command to test for certain characters in a script echo "${1}" | grep '\$' if (( ${?} == 0 )) then testing this script on the command line I have ksh -x script1.sh "xxxx$xxxx" this works fine but when I want to use ksh -x script1.sh "xxxx $xxx" the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frank
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Korn Shell

In Korn Shell, can you use "go to" statements? Would you then put paragraph names with a colon? For example, would you specify "goto para1" and then have the paragraph with the label para1:? I am getting an error message when Idid this. I have my paragraph name 'clsbooks:' and I get... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Latha Nair
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK question in the KORN shell

Hi, I have two files with the following content: gmrd.txt 235649;03;2563;598 291802;00;2563;598 314634;00;235649;598 235649;03;2563;598 393692;00;2563;598 411805;00;2563;598 411805;00;2563;598 235649;03;2563;598 414037;00;2563;598 575200;00;2563;598 70710;00;2563;598... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: penfold
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Loop question

I'm needing help with assigning variables inside a while loop of ksh script. I have an input text file and ksh script below and I'm trying to create a script which will read the input file line by line, assign first and second word to variables and process the variables according to the contents. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell Coprocess Performance Question

I am wracking my brains over this. I am trying to use a Korn Shell script to execute an Oracle PL/SQL procedure, using the Oracle command line interface (sqlplus). The script starts sqlplus in a coprocess, and the two processes communicate using a two-way pipe. The bgnice option is off, so both... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Puddephat
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell and awk question

I am modifying a Korn shell script in using the Exceed (Solaris 10 environment). My task is to read in a .txt file with dates arranged like this (01-Sep-2006). I am to read each line and take the dates, compare them to a benchmark date and depending on if it is older than the date or the date and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastachef
6 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 4.2 Korn shell and grep question

Ho do I find out the verion of the Kron shell on my client`s system ? There is no one to ask. They are not knowledged enough (hard to believe but yes). Also, on that AIX 4.2, I am trying to figure out how to do a grep using a search patter like below but does not seam to work. The '*' do... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about a simple Korn script

Hi to everybody! I want to write a simple script in ksh that decrypts and encrypts using the DES algorithm. There is no builtin function in UNIX : i have found only a function in openssl but i don't understand how to use it. The script must accept in input the plaitext and the DESKEY in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazikamuntu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell remove files question

how do you show each filename in a giving directory and delete the specific file in korn script i was thinking using ls rm ? but i cant make it work (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babuda0059
0 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)