Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Routing
Special Forums IP Networking Routing Post 9723 by DevilGREEN on Thursday 1st of November 2001 05:32:48 PM
Old 11-01-2001
Question Routing

ex: i have a user named John... he has his home dir /usr/home/John.. i want to reserve a unique IP from my gateway to John so John can run his own daemon with a every-port-free IP (Sorry for my bad English)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Routing

I have SCO Unix. I have 2 routers. as it is now, when someone telnets to UNIX and goes through router #1 everything is fine. The users who go through router #2 can not connect at all. I talked to CISCO and they said I need to set up a second Gateway on UNIX. They said what is happening is that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john fli
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

routing

Can anyone help with the following; I am working on a unix server (Apple OS X Server). We have two network cards in the server. Both cards are on different subnets i.e en1 is on 192.168.10.10/24 and the built in ethernet is on 10.10.150.10/24. From a computer plugged into en1 (and set to ip... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrthrt
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

routing

Hi, in which file and how shuold be decalred a gateway and its IP adresse ? Where and how add a gateway ? Many thanks before. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

4. Linux

Routing

Hello Friends I have two network cards eth0 192.168.100.1 eth1 10.0.0.1 There NIC connect with diff. LAN I want to make my Linux machine as a Router, Please tell me using IPTABLES command ROUTE command :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaibw
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

IP Routing

I am using RedHat Linux 9, In this box their are two lan intefaces. eth0 ====> LAN 192.168.100.100 255.255.255.0 eth1 ====> Internet Static IP 255.255.255.0 59.144.168.226 (Gateway) I want to define a gateway 59.144.168.226 for my LAN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaibw
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Routing tables

Hey guys, I needed to add a route to my routing table and I got it to work but on reboot it gets removed. Anyone know what file I can add this route to so it stays on the machine after a reboot? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
9 Replies

7. IP Networking

Routing table

Hi all, I am confusing with routing table, i use linux and iptables. i have 1 internet gateway, and 1 router for VPN. here is my network. eth0=192.168.0.1 eth1=192.168.100.1 192.168.0.0/24 --- eth0(Linux Box)eth1 ---(DSL)---Internet | ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Proper routing

I have a series of new machines that are internet facing (have IP's that are accessible via the 'net) and it has internal facing interfaces. I need to be able to communicate back to the internal network to a specific server which processes monitoring and e-mail traffic. I've been told that I should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX 5.3 Routing

Hey all you *Nix Gurus...I got a relatively simple one for ya. I just cloned an AIX 5.3 server without copy over the Network info. However, now I need to update the routing table on the destination server so that it mirrors the source. Aside from painstakingly, manually updating the ODM using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlitzSonik
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about realloc routing

#include <malloc.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> int* allocat_array(void) { int *array; int tmp; int n_values = 0 ; array = malloc(sizeof(int)); if(array == NULL) return NULL; while(scanf("%d",&tmp) != EOF) { ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vincent__tse
1 Replies
UNSHADOW(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       UNSHADOW(8)

NAME
unshadow - combines passwd and shadow files SYNOPSIS
unshadow password-file shadow-file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the unshadow command, which is part of the john package. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. john, better known as John the Ripper, is a tool to find weak passwords of users in a server. The unshadow tool combines the passwd and shadow files so John can use them. You might need this since if you only used your shadow file, the GECOS information wouldn't be used by the "single crack" mode, and also you wouldn't be able to use the '-shells' option. On a normal system you'll need to run unshadow as root to be able to read the shadow file. SEE ALSO
john(8), mailer(8), unafs(8), unique(8). The programs are documented fully by John's documentation, which should be available in /usr/share/doc/john or other location, depending on your system. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). John the Ripper and mailer were written by Solar Designer <solar@openwall.com>. The complete list of contributors can be found in the CRED- ITS file in the documentation directory. john June 03, 2004 UNSHADOW(8)