Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: options
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers options Post 97185 by blowtorch on Friday 27th of January 2006 12:50:52 AM
Old 01-27-2006
The man pages rule all. Conventionally commands have a '-' before an option. Options can be numbers or letters. Infact, the GNU commands take entire words preceded by '--'. comm is an example of a command that takes only numbers as options.

Last edited by blowtorch; 01-27-2006 at 01:56 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp options

Hello again, Is there an option for the cp command to overwrite existing files in the destination directory? Cheers Rob (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milage
3 Replies

2. AIX

no options

Hi All, I have a situation here that's very fun... I have a system with AIX and iPlanet (sunOne) installed, when occurs an unknown event on the network the WebServer shows a thousand of CLOSE_WAIT connections and this number grows and grows until the webserver crashs. I read some documents... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nascimento.rp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

uniq options

Hi I am currently using uniq -u and uniq -d option in my program to get uniq and duplicate lines from file. What i doing is uniq -c file1>file_u uniq -d file1>file_d cat file_u file_d > file_fiinal Since i am procesing a larger files the I/O operations is costly affair. Hence I would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep options

Hi Team, I have a list of 12000 files and i am need to search for the names of the file which has long version numbers (say more than 5 decimals).. With the below instance u~15.1.4.1.2.1.5.1.5.1.24.1.24.1.5 lk-l~22.1.3.1.9.1.7.1.24.1.23 YDFVALLN.CPY~1 YEUPCASE.CPY~1 YFPRSTID.CPY~1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Further nslookup options if any !!

Hi , I have a requirement to find the aliases by doing an nslookup on the Cname. If i do an nslookup on the alias name i get the Cname , but i need the cname from alias name. eg: Hostname = acb.example.com Virtual name= abcvirtual.example.com nslookup abcvirtual.example.com will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpics66
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ping options in HP-UX

Hi All, Wanted to know is there any option in HP-UX like "ping -c" in AIX. As I am using ping in a script and on the basis of its return value will perform some actions. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Socket options

Hi everyone, Question for gurus: Is there a way for us to determine the options used by a socket? I basically want to know if SO_KEEPALIVE is enabled on a socket to know if the tcp_keepalive_abort_interval parameter will be used by that connection. Was I clear enough? :confused: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: plmachiavel
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Kernel boot options removed by fault, no boot options

Hello Everyone, First of all, I highly appreciate all Linux forum members and whole Linux community. http://forums.linuxmint.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. I wish you the best for all of you ! I will try to be short and concise: I am using Linux Mint 10 for 2 months on 2 ws, and all went... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdt
3 Replies
deleg_proc(n)						       Interpreter utilities						     deleg_proc(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
deleg_proc - Creation of comm delegates (procedures) SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require interp::delegate::proc ?0.2? ::interp::delegate::proc ?-async? name arguments comm id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a single command for the convenient creation of procedures which delegate the actual work to a remote location via a "channel" created by the package comm. API
::interp::delegate::proc ?-async? name arguments comm id This commands creates a procedure which is named by name and returns its fully-qualified name. All invokations of this procedure will delegate the actual work to the remote location identified by the comm channel comm and the endpoint id. The name of the remote procedure invoked by the delegator is [namespace tail name]. I.e., namespace information is stripped from the call. Normally the generated procedure marshalls the arguments, and returns the result from the remote procedure as its own result. If however the option -async was specified then the generated procedure will not wait for a result and return immediately. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category interp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
comm, delegation, interpreter, procedure CATEGORY
Programming tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> interp 0.2 deleg_proc(n)