Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Running Linux File Manager on Windows XP Post 97017 by dangral on Wednesday 25th of January 2006 11:38:24 AM
Old 01-25-2006
If your hosting service allows ssh access to your account you can use Putty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Updating a csv file held on a unix box with excel running on windows

Hi, my question is quite simple: Can I update a csv file which is held on a unix box (and which a script on the same box uses) with Microsoft Excel running in a windows environment? Or, is there a free spreadsheet package available to run in unix that will update my csv file. I know it's easy to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sn33R
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I Know if a report manager is running after I start it ?

I hope somebody can help with this one. If I run a command like this /rd/bin/rptmgr to start a report manager up. How could I view this to see if it is running? I can view it thru our bussiness app in GUI But I was wondering if I could check this when I am at the console in UNIX I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Running MS-windows GUI from unix/linux

Hi i need some help , i would like to run a GUI application on windows from unix i dont need to see the gui just to activate it from remote . it shoud be from CLI on the unix . thanks GUY (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koreng
1 Replies

4. Linux

Running Windows "inside" a Linux-like OS?

I'd like to know if it's possible to run Windows "inside" a Linux-like OS similar to how you can run Linux in Windows, rather than dual-booting them both. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I want to do some serious parallel computing which Windows isn't even capable of at the moment... But I'd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heliotos
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running sh file from windows

hello can i run sh file from windows machine using plink to excute this shell on unix machine ? which tool i should use to get the out put from the running script on windows server with IIS and using html regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
0 Replies

6. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

controlling tool running on Linux VM fron Windows

I have a virtual machine with RedHat. It has a command-line tool X that takes an input file + some control parameters, performs some processing and generates some input files. I have a Windows XP/Server 2003 box where an app Y is running. What I need to do is to control X from Y. That is, given an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilyaz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running remote system shell script and c binary file from windows machine using java

Hi, I have an shell script program in a remote linux machine which will do some specific monitoring functionality. Also, have some C executables in that machine. From a windows machine, I want to run the shell script program (If possible using java). I tried with SSH for this. but, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Linux Script from Windows

forgive me if i am posting this question in wrong forum. I have a rsync script that runs on one server for rsync with another server (both linux) . Now I want to get control of that script from my windows 7 machine. Means I want to run that script from my windows machine whenever i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HarryReid
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Sys headers - running Linux C code on windows

Hi All, I wanted to run a small socket application written in C on windows. The code was written for GNU/linux..the compiler on windows CodeBlocks complains about the sys headers. is there an equivalent for windows ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies
GRAB-ACCOUNT(8) 						 chiark utilities						   GRAB-ACCOUNT(8)

NAME
grab-account - add new account synchronised to remote system SYNOPSIS
grab-account local-user source [remote-user] DESCRIPTION
grab-account reconfigures sync-accounts to start synchronising a specified local user (which may not yet exist) from a specified remote system, and then invokes sync-accounts once to synchronise from that source. /etc/sync-accounts/createuser should contain a addhere line in the appropriate source section (ie, after host source). grab-account adds a user local-user [remote=remote-user] directive just before addhere and runs sync-accounts source. EXIT STATUS
0 All went well. any other There were problems. FILES
/etc/sync-accounts; See also sync-accounts(8). ENVIRONMENT
See sync-accounts(8). BUGS
There is no locking of /etc/sync-accounts so do not invoke grab-account from a script, or more than once at a time by hand. Do not edit /etc/sync-accounts by hand and also simultaneously run grab-account. The mechanism involving addhere is suboptimal. This should be done with an include feature in sync-accounts, so that grab-account does not have to edit a configuration file that really belongs to the sysadmin. AUTHOR
grab-account and this manpage are part of the sync-accounts package which was written by Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk>. They are Copyright 1999-2000,2002 Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk>, and Copyright 2000-2001 nCipher Corporation Ltd. The sync-accounts package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option) any later version. This is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, consult the Free Software Foundation's website at www.fsf.org, or the GNU Project website at www.gnu.org. SEE ALSO
sync-accounts(8), sync-accounts(5), passwd(5) Greenend 14th July 2002 GRAB-ACCOUNT(8)