Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: "Route add" problems...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers "Route add" problems... Post 96924 by Perderabo on Tuesday 24th of January 2006 04:33:44 PM
Old 01-24-2006
It's "net" not "-net". And ironically, the "net" is optional.
route add net 192.168.237.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.247 1
if you like the verbose form. Or
route add 192.168.237.0 192.168.1.247

Note that 192.168.1.247 must be reachable already for this to work.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can a "route add" command crash a router? well it does...need help

OK Sun E420R server Solaris 7 Command: route add default ###.###.###.### 15 Seconds later my router is rebooting and will continue this until I flush the route table on the server Any ideas?! Help!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: n9ninchd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add seconds to: date"|"time"|"HHMMSS

Hey all, I have a shell that invokes a AWK. In this AWK i want invoke a function that receives 3 parameters: date: 20080831 time: 235901 duration: 00023 that function receive this 3 parameters and sum to this value two more seconds: 2008083123590100025 Remember that in case that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with "write" and "wall"

Hello, I am using VirtualBox to simulate a small network with two Linux computers, the host is Mac OS X. My problem is that I can't send "write" and "wall" messages from the host to one of those Linux computers. Here is what works: - The virtual Linux computer answers "ping" messages that have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Network error: No route to host" While connecting guest RHEL4 using putty

Hi, I have installed RHEL4 using vmware workstation.. Host OS: Windows XP Guest OS: RHEL4 Pls refer step 17 & 18 in below link... ORACLE-BASE - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Centos 4 Installation 1) If i choose to assign IP automatically (using DHCP) means, i am able to connect RHEL4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
PRIPS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  PRIPS(1)

NAME
prips -- print the IP addresses in a given range SYNOPSIS
prips [-c] [-d delim] [-e exclude] [-f format] [-i incr] start end prips [-c] [-d delim] [-e exclude] [-f format] [-i incr] CIDR-block prips -h DESCRIPTION
The prips tool can be used to print all of the IP addresses in a given range. It can enhance tools that only work on one host at a time, e.g. whois(1). The prips tool accepts the following command-line options: -c Print the range in CIDR notation. -d delim Set the delimiter to the character with ASCII code delim where 0 <= delim <= 255. -e <x.x.x,x.x> Exclude ranges from the output. -f format Set the format of addresses (hex, dec, or dot). -h Show summary of options. -i incr Set the increment to 'x'. ENVIRONMENT
The prips tool's operation is not influenced by any environment variables. FILES
The prips tool's operation is not influenced by any files. EXAMPLES
Display all the addresses in a reserved subnet: prips 192.168.32.0 192.168.32.255 The same, using CIDR notation: prips 192.168.32/24 Display only the usable addresses in a class A reserved subnet using a space instead of a newline for a delimiter: prips -d 32 10.0.0.1 10.255.255.255 Display every fourth address in a weird block: prips -i 4 192.168.32.7 192.168.33.5 Determine the smallest CIDR block containing two addresses: prips -c 192.168.32.5 192.168.32.11 DIAGNOSTICS
The prips utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
ipsc(1), gipsc(1) STANDARDS
No standards were harmed in the writing of the prips tool. HISTORY
The prips tool was originally written by Daniel Kelly and later adopted by Peter Pentchev. This manual page was originally written by Juan Alvarez for the Debian GNU/Linux system and later added to the prips distribution and converted to mdoc format by Peter Pentchev. AUTHORS
Daniel Kelly <dan@vertekcorp.com> Juan Alvarez <jalvarez@fluidsignal.com> Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> BUGS
Please report any bugs in the prips tool to its current maintainer, Peter Pentchev. BSD
March 1, 2011 BSD