Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX maintenance package 4.3.
Operating Systems AIX AIX maintenance package 4.3. Post 96863 by DogDay on Tuesday 24th of January 2006 09:48:44 AM
Old 01-24-2006
There doesn't appear to be a maintenance level available for 4.3.2 any longer from fixdist. Its an unsupported version.

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserve.../aixfixes.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding out the current AIX Maintenance Level

Is there a simple command in the vein of `oslevel` under AIX 4.3 to show the current patch level of the machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for SSL software package (AIX 5.1)

When i install SSH on AIX 5.1 I get the following message { A prerequisite package has not been installed. Open SSH requires Open SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Please install Open SSL from the AIX Toolbox for Linux CD or Toolbox website: } I cannot find the AIX toolbox for linux CD, also on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janr
1 Replies

3. AIX

aix maintenance level

Hi, I want to know which command will list only maintenance level of Aix Operating system For Example: 5.3.1.7 in this example which is maintenance level of OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

4. AIX

maintenance on the SAN with AIX

Hi All, I need to do maintenance on the SAN. Do I need to shutdown AIX as well? Or I can just unmount the SAN-FS and let the SAN reboot or do maintenance mode. And then when SAN is up, just mount it back. Is that simple it is or not? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX relocatable package help

Hi, I have created a relocatable AIX package named Test. The USIL is /abc bash-2.05b# lsusil INSTALL PATH = /abc COMMENTS = None Generally if a package gets installed in "/opt/Test" and i want to relocate it to "/abc" it gets installed under "/abc/Test". This happens the way in Solaris,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

7. AIX

How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source?

How to compile a package surce in AIX when we download its source? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS

Hi Experts, How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS? I would like to verify if “xlcpp.rte.10.1.0.aix.base” package is applied or not ? thanks in advance. -Mallela (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmallela
1 Replies

10. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLDOCS(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLDOCS(1)

NAME
dh_installdocs - install documentation into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdocs [debhelperoptions] [-A] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdocs is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing documentation into usr/share/doc/package in package build directories. FILES
debian/package.docs List documentation files to be installed into package. debian/copyright The copyright file is installed into all packages, unless a more specific copyright file is available. debian/package.copyright debian/package.README.Debian debian/package.TODO Each of these files is automatically installed if present for a package. debian/README.Debian debian/TODO These files are installed into the first binary package listed in debian/control. Note that README.debian files are also installed as README.Debian, and TODO files will be installed as TODO.Debian in non-native packages. debian/package.doc-base Installed as doc-base control files. Note that the doc-id will be determined from the Document: entry in the doc-base control file in question. debian/package.doc-base.* If your package needs to register more than one document, you need multiple doc-base files, and can name them like this. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. Note that this includes doc-base files. --link-doc=package Make the documentation directory of all packages acted on be a symlink to the documentation directory of package. This has no effect when acting on package itself, or if the documentation directory to be created already exists when dh_installdocs is run. To comply with policy, package must be a binary package that comes from the same source package. debhelper will try to avoid installing files into linked documentation directories that would cause conflicts with the linked package. The -A option will have no effect on packages with linked documentation directories, and copyright, changelog, README.Debian, and TODO files will not be installed. (An older method to accomplish the same thing, which is still supported, is to make the documentation directory of a package be a dangling symlink, before calling dh_installdocs.) file ... Install these files as documentation into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified). EXAMPLES
This is an example of a debian/package.docs file: README TODO debian/notes-for-maintainers.txt docs/manual.txt docs/manual.pdf docs/manual-html/ NOTES
Note that dh_installdocs will happily copy entire directory hierarchies if you ask it to (similar to cp -a). If it is asked to install a directory, it will install the complete contents of the directory. Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_INSTALLDOCS(1)