Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: accent in emacs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers accent in emacs Post 96812 by annemar on Tuesday 24th of January 2006 02:30:32 AM
Old 01-24-2006
Thank you very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on EMACS

Any one has a good documentation on How To Use EMACs editor?? Thanks Ven :eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VENC22
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

GNU Emacs Help

Hey everybody! Not sure if this goes here, but I think it's the best fit. I was just wondering, how do I use a compiler from Emacs? Also, how do I turn syntax highlighting on? Thanks in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: led3234
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed accent

Hi everyone ! I'd like to write a unix command for correcting all european accent errors in a document (spanish, german, french, danisch, etc )! i need to do this for correcting my document : sed -e 's/%2B/\ /g' -e 's/%25C9/É/g' doc1 > doc2 The first command is ok and change "%2B" into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomat75
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs

could someone please tell me how do I work emacs on unix?? how do you input the command and open up files and edit stuff. I know M-x info will lauch the info viewer, C-x u is undo, M-x spell-region run a spell check but when i use some of these command on emacs in Unix, I'm getting no results or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starwind4
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spanish accent symbol removed by sed

Hello All in a text file I have to replace some numeric code by a string. This is an exemple of the file: 000000001 LDR L ^^^^^nam^^2200169Ia^45e0 000000001 008 L 100604s9999^^^^xx^^^^^^^^^^^^000^0^und^d 000000001 022 L $$a0365-6675 000000001 090 L $$aBMA 1934-1937. 000000001 245... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spanish accent from file name

Hello All hope all fine, I have a question about spanish accents... I have in a redhat server, a lot of files with Ñ or Ú accent into the NAME of the file. So my question is: Is it possible to change this name but with a script...to change all the occurence in one shot. Exemple: cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to compile in Emacs

I'm trying to compile two files in Emacs (guess.cpp and yesno.cpp). So I open up Emacs (the text version) and give the command M-x and then I try to type in "g++ -o asst guess.cpp yesno.cpp". But everytime after I type "g++" and try to do a space after that, it says and wont let me type a space? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackvelvet
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Problem with sftp for accent character files

Hi All, Following are the problems i am facing.Resolution for these would be highly commendable: a)I am trying to transfer files from my local C: directory to unix server using sftp. The problem is coming when files with accent characters are picked for transfer.These files are not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: destinykrishan
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use emacs? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a beginner in unix. Please correct me if I put the question in a wrong way.. How to use emacs editor? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format? I have the following link :- http link i.e. url and path : /abc/xyz.dev/xyz/documents What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
7 Replies

10. AIX

Accent words file from windows

Hi guys, I'm having a issue with a windows file from, at first the file is readed like one big and extense line and the famous "Ctrl+V Ctrl+R" or "^M return carriage"... fixed with: perl -pe 'if ( s/\r\n?/\n/g ) { $f=1 }; if ( $f || ! $m ) { s/()\z/$1\n/ }; $m=1' $file_input > file_output ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockx
5 Replies
stringprep_utf8_nfkc_normalize(3)				      libidn					 stringprep_utf8_nfkc_normalize(3)

NAME
stringprep_utf8_nfkc_normalize - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <stringprep.h> char * stringprep_utf8_nfkc_normalize(const char * str, ssize_t len); ARGUMENTS
const char * str a UTF-8 encoded string. ssize_t len length of str, in bytes, or -1 if str is nul-terminated. DESCRIPTION
Converts a string into canonical form, standardizing such issues as whether a character with an accent is represented as a base character and combining accent or as a single precomposed character. The normalization mode is NFKC (ALL COMPOSE). It standardizes differences that do not affect the text content, such as the above-mentioned accent representation. It standardizes the "compatibility" characters in Unicode, such as SUPERSCRIPT THREE to the standard forms (in this case DIGIT THREE). Formatting information may be lost but for most text operations such characters should be considered the same. It returns a result with composed forms rather than a maximally decomposed form. RETURN VALUE
a newly allocated string, that is the NFKC normalized form of str. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-libidn@gnu.org>. GNU Libidn home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2012 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for libidn is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and libidn programs are properly installed at your site, the command info libidn should give you access to the complete manual. libidn 1.25 stringprep_utf8_nfkc_normalize(3)