Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX maintenance package 4.3.
Operating Systems AIX AIX maintenance package 4.3. Post 96769 by Sagitario on Monday 23rd of January 2006 11:30:45 AM
Old 01-23-2006
Are there nobody to know how I can get the latest fixes for system 4.3.2.0?

Thanks for any helpfull answers.

S.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding out the current AIX Maintenance Level

Is there a simple command in the vein of `oslevel` under AIX 4.3 to show the current patch level of the machine? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_pointer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for SSL software package (AIX 5.1)

When i install SSH on AIX 5.1 I get the following message { A prerequisite package has not been installed. Open SSH requires Open SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). Please install Open SSL from the AIX Toolbox for Linux CD or Toolbox website: } I cannot find the AIX toolbox for linux CD, also on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janr
1 Replies

3. AIX

aix maintenance level

Hi, I want to know which command will list only maintenance level of Aix Operating system For Example: 5.3.1.7 in this example which is maintenance level of OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

4. AIX

maintenance on the SAN with AIX

Hi All, I need to do maintenance on the SAN. Do I need to shutdown AIX as well? Or I can just unmount the SAN-FS and let the SAN reboot or do maintenance mode. And then when SAN is up, just mount it back. Is that simple it is or not? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX relocatable package help

Hi, I have created a relocatable AIX package named Test. The USIL is /abc bash-2.05b# lsusil INSTALL PATH = /abc COMMENTS = None Generally if a package gets installed in "/opt/Test" and i want to relocate it to "/abc" it gets installed under "/abc/Test". This happens the way in Solaris,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

7. AIX

How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source?

How to compile a package surce in AIX when we download its source? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS

Hi Experts, How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS? I would like to verify if “xlcpp.rte.10.1.0.aix.base” package is applied or not ? thanks in advance. -Mallela (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmallela
1 Replies

10. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies
GAI.CONF(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       GAI.CONF(5)

NAME
gai.conf - getaddrinfo(3) configuration file DESCRIPTION
A call to getaddrinfo(3) might return multiple answers. According to RFC 3484 these answers must be sorted so that the answer with the highest success rate is first in the list. The RFC provides an algorithm for the sorting. The static rules are not always adequate, though. For this reason, the RFC also requires that system administrators should have the possibility to dynamically change the sorting. For the glibc implementation, this can be achieved with the /etc/gai.conf file. Each line in the configuration file consists of a keyword and its parameters. White spaces in any place are ignored. Lines starting with '#' are comments and are ignored. The keywords currently recognized are: label netmask precedence The value is added to the label table used in the RFC 3484 sorting. If any label definition is present in the configuration file, the default table is not used. All the label definitions of the default table which are to be maintained have to be duplicated. Following the keyword, the line has to contain a network mask and a precedence value. precedence netmask precedence This keyword is similar to label, but instead the value is added to the precedence table as specified in RFC 3484. Once again, the presence of a single precedence line in the configuration file causes the default table to not be used. reload <yes|no> This keyword controls whether a process checks whether the configuration file has been changed since the last time it was read. If the value is "yes", the file is reread. This might cause problems in multithreaded applications and is generally a bad idea. The default is "no". scopev4 mask value Add another rule to the RFC 3484 scope table for IPv4 address. By default, the scope IDs described in section 3.2 in RFC 3438 are used. Changing these defaults should hardly ever be necessary. FILES
/etc/gai.conf VERSIONS
The gai.conf file is supported by glibc since version 2.5. EXAMPLE
The default table according to RFC 3484 would be specified with the following configuration file: label ::1/128 0 label ::/0 1 label 2002::/16 2 label ::/96 3 label ::ffff:0:0/96 4 precedence ::1/128 50 precedence ::/0 40 precedence 2002::/16 30 precedence ::/96 20 precedence ::ffff:0:0/96 10 SEE ALSO
getaddrinfo(3), RFC 3484 COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2016-03-15 GAI.CONF(5)