Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sftp/scp autologin
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sftp/scp autologin Post 96754 by rocky_74 on Monday 23rd of January 2006 10:30:16 AM
Old 01-23-2006
may be rcp can help you. In case of rcp you have to created the username entry in the .rhost file in the destination machine for the source machine.

The entry is like
username + machine in the .rhost file
Try it.

Rajesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSSH: SFTP X SCP

Hi all, I'm implementing some updates to my scripts that are now using ftp command. I was thinking about replace it by SFTP. Now I see that SCP does basically the same that SFTP. So... what are the differences between them? Thanks in advance... ;O) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alienET
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftp vs scp

My transmit rates are waaay faster using scp over sftp....anyone know why scp is faster than sftp? I am using solaris 8 for my unix systems. -S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sowser
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

sftp/scp without password

Hi, I want to use sftp/scp without password.How can I do that ?? I plan to use script with scp/sftp and execute by cronjob ,any sample or example?? How can I test the scp/sftp working or not in the same user account , in the same red linux server?? any suggestion ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp script for doing sftp

Hi, I have to do SFTP from Linux machine to Salaries SFTP folder. Using psftp I got the following fingur print and I know using scp I can go the sftp transfer. But I believe I need public key file generated. Can some one pls let me know how to generate the public file using following finger... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamakshay
1 Replies

5. AIX

what to use sftp or scp

hi, i have a weird problem i have to copy the file with caret(^) in it. but when i tries to copy with scp. It(scp) says that it cant use ^file_name scp mohit^narang user@machine/mohit^narang the error comes in the second parameter.if i used user@machine/mohit_narang(under score) instead... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP and SCP help

Hi All, I have to make an automated script that needs to do SFTP or SCP from my Unix server to another Unix server. I have gone through search of this website for sftp and scp. I really get confused when it talk about ssh key or rsh key and sftp -b thing I would really appreciate if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp autologin is working but ...

Dears, I am new to linux scripting and I was look for a way to auto login to a server using sftp to download a file. I found one and it is working fine. But i don't know the meaning of <<EOF in the code. Any one explain it to me: #!/bin/sh HOST=yourservername USER=yourusername ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: torabi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

SCP/SFTP- Stalled- solaris

hello all, I am getting the following error with the SCP/Sftp is getting stalled on solaris 10 . pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip 0% 2068KB 0.0KB/s - stalled -Write failed: Broken pipe pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP / SCP using password

Hi, I was provided with sftp servername, user and password and the requirement is to connect to sftp server using credentials provided and drop the file. Manually i am able to connect with commands like sftp user@servername and after clicking enter, i was asked for a password and entering... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell : sftp autologin not working ...

Hi folks, for sftp autologin, while browing in unix.com forums.. I got the below code. I tried to execute that code but no luck. #!/bin/sh HOST=yourservername USER=yourusername PASS=yourpassword echo "sftping file ..." lftp -u ${USER},${PASS} sftp://${HOST} <<EOF cd /tmp get tmpfile... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
7 Replies
RCP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    RCP(1)

NAME
rcp - remote file copy SYNOPSIS
rcp [-p] [-x] [-k realm ] [-D port] [-N] [-PN | -PO] file1 file2 rcp [-p] [-x] [-k realm] [-r] [-D port] [-N] [-PN | -PO] file ... directory DESCRIPTION
Rcp copies files between machines. Each file or directory argument is either a remote file name of the form ``rhost:path'', or a local file name (containing no `:' characters, or a `/' before any `:'s). By default, the mode and owner of file2 are preserved if it already existed; otherwise the mode of the source file modified by the umask(2) on the destination host is used. If path is not a full path name, it is interpreted relative to your login directory on rhost. A path on a remote host may be quoted (using , ", or ') so that the metacharacters are interpreted remotely. Rcp does not prompt for passwords; it uses Kerberos authentication when connecting to rhost. Each user may have a private authorization list in a file .k5login in his login directory. Each line in this file should contain a Kerberos principal name of the form princi- pal/instance@realm. If there is a ~/.k5login file, then access is granted to the account if and only if the originater user is authenti- cated to one of the principals named in the ~/.k5login file. Otherwise, the originating user will be granted access to the account if and only if the authenticated principal name of the user can be mapped to the local account name using the aname -> lname mapping rules (see krb5_anadd(8) for more details). OPTIONS
-p attempt to preserve (duplicate) the modification times and modes of the source files in the copies, ignoring the umask. -x encrypt all information transferring between hosts. -k realm obtain tickets for the remote host in realm instead of the remote host's realm as determined by krb_realmofhost(3). -r if any of the source files are directories, copy each subtree rooted at that name; in this case the destination must be a directory. -PN -PO Explicitly request new or old version of the Kerberos ``rcmd'' protocol. The new protocol avoids many security problems found in the old one, but is not interoperable with older servers. (An "input/output error" and a closed connection is the most likely result of attempting this combination.) If neither option is specified, some simple heuristics are used to guess which to try. -D port connect to port port on the remote machine. -N use a network connection, even when copying files on the local machine (used for testing purposes). Rcp handles third party copies, where neither source nor target files are on the current machine. Hostnames may also take the form ``rname@rhost'' to use rname rather than the current user name on the remote host. FILES
~/.k5login (on remote host) - file containing Kerberos principals that are allowed access. SEE ALSO
cp(1), ftp(1), rsh(1), rlogin(1), kerberos(3), krb_getrealm(3), rcp(1) [UCB version] BUGS
Rcp doesn't detect all cases where the target of a copy might be a file in cases where only a directory should be legal. Rcp is confused by any output generated by commands in a .login, .profile, or .cshrc file on the remote host. Kerberos is only used for the first connection of a third-party copy; the second connection uses the standard Berkeley rcp protocol. RCP(1)